A dialog box with an exclamation mark and 000000000 What is this?

I downloaded investment transactions, accepted all of them. When I clicked accept all I got a small box with Quicken at the top, an icon exclamation mark and 000000000 in the middle and an OK button. The account does not accept the transactions when I click on ok. What the heck is this dialog box all about?

Best Answer

Answers

• John A ThichJohn A Thich Member ✭✭
    When I restarted Quicken, this box did not reappear. I did have to clear one transaction re method of handling the lot. Thanks for the explanation. You would think that Quicken would put some more verbiage in that uninformative dialog box!
  • R DIllyR DIlly Member ✭✭
    Anyone know if there's a way to report this, or get it acknowledged in the Known Product Issues list ... https://community.quicken.com/categories/quickencommunity_known_product_issues ?? I couldn't find a path to request this. Fortunately I was able to find this post and confirm that another user has seen this fairly obvious bug. I don't recall seeing it before the 19.44 update.

"Known Product Issues" would seem to be a first place to look for something one suspects is the result of an update**. As markus1957 mentions this sort of function "regression" (though I'm never sure if something has broken, or re-broken) happens fairly often in my experience. (That work-around is correct; Having had to manually accept a fair number of transactions I knew from the flow context what the pop-up should have said.)

I have to say that I am a bit appalled and surprised at the number of regressions I've seen in new releases of the product. Now retired, I spent a lot of my career building up test automation for software and hardware. The tools for this have gotten much better ... and much less expensive. In some ways regressions are the saddest type of bugs - because they are the most easily preventable.

** I have been in organizations which resisted publishing known issues, but personally I appreciate when discovered bugs are shared promptly, and from a support perspective it seems to me to be the right thing to do.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello R Dilly. Appreciate your question.

To report an issue to Quicken, you can select the Help menu in Quicken and choose "Report a Problem." Please provide as much as possible regarding the error in which you have been receiving and the information will be sent in for review.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community.

We have reported this behavior to our Development team for further investigation and resolution, however Development has so far been unable to reproduce this behavior and needs your assistance to investigate this issue.

If you haven't already, please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select the "Report a Problem" option.

In the window that opens, enter "QWIN-15466" in the subject line and mark the box for every file, including the sanitized data file, then click Send to Quicken.

Sanitizing a data file removes all personally identifiable information, financial institution login credentials and obfuscates the transaction data to ensure your privacy remains intact.

The Report a Problem submissions go directly to our Development Teams and are used for investigative and debug purposes only.  You typically will not receive a response after sending a report, however if additional information is needed, a member of our Development team will be in contact.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • bill_flynnbill_flynn Member
    edited June 14
    I had eight sells and five buys in one of my investment accounts. When I clicked the Accept All button, a message box appeared with nine zeroes (000000000) in it and nothing else. Some of the transactions were accepted, but no all. I had to accept the other transactions one by one.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Does anyone know what the nine zeroes message means?

Quicken - Deluxe
    Year : 2019
    Version : R19.44
    Build : 27.1.19.44
    I keep getting this dialog box after downloading investment transactions and accepting them. Can someone explain to me how I resolve this issue? Quicken really needs to develop a bit more information on this.
  • mrzookiemrzookie Member ✭✭
    I've seen this too, after updating to Q2019 r19.44. Do you use the "accept all" function? I think it's happening when attempting to accept a group of investment transactions which includes a sale that needs a specific lot to be specified. Its a little unnerving, but I don't think its causing any problems.
    Thanks for the response. I have been using accept all. Now there is only one transaction left. When trying to accept that transaction, the dialog box pops up again so I have not been able to clear the transaction in question.
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click on the transaction in the download tab and accept it from the button on the transaction.
  • sfishintuitsfishintuit Member
    R19.44 27.1.19.44 It appears after I download transactions from my brokerage, and I hit the accept all button, for the instances where a window used to pop up and tell me that some transactions needed to be manually changed , has been replaced with a dialogue box with 9 zeroes (looks like a programmer left a error debug statement in the code. Reported this to quicken chat but it was not heard of. Side note When the chat representative said he would open a report he never even asked me what version I had. When I pointed this out he said ok sure give me the version. This does not inspire confidence that he will report the defect. His advice, uninstall and reinstall quicken. My response was I need better advice.
  • dkumpdkump Member ✭✭
    Today update R19.52 was installed. I then downloaded transactions to my IRA. The buy transactions were accepted properly. I had one transaction where a mutual fund was sold. When I try to accept it, I get the error "000000000". That's all the error says (nine zeros and nothing else). There's only an OK button. The transactions can't be accepted. I chatted with support and after various repairs, the weren't able to solve my problem. Any suggestions?
  • dkumpdkump Member ✭✭
    I found a workaround. When I clicked the Accept or Accept All button on the lower right to accept all downloaded transactions, I got the error. If I click on the specific transaction and click Accept on the button directly below the transaction, I got a pop up to specify average cost or lot identification. I could choose my cost basis and accept the transaction. The earliest lot was a placeholder, and looks like Quicken choked on it. I couldn't choose those lots, but I could replace the placeholder or pick average cost. The error message "000000000" is completely useless, but check for a placeholder if you get the error.
  • Bob_LBob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, this is a known issue that has been referred to developers.
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Pro
  • JerryJerry Member ✭✭
    This started happening only since the recent updates.
    Quicken Deluxe 2019 for Windows, version R19.52, build 27.1.19.52.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. One step update
    2. In an investment account: select "Accept All"
    3. Quicken accepts all those downloads with no problems. But if there are some transactions that it requires additional information about (like sale transactions) it normally puts up a popup that says "Quicken needs additional information about certain transactions......".

Now, instead of the popup in 3 the popup that appears is a meaningless one see attached. If I click OK on this wierd popup, it behaves exactly like the correct one so I think it is a display bug. But it has persisted for at least the last 2-3 updates. Do the developers know about it?
  • JerryJerry Member ✭✭
    I see this has been reported already.

I don't know why the developers have trouble reproducing. It happens every time as described. But I'm not sending them a "sanitized" datafile. The problem is not in the data. It's in the code that calls up the popup when after "Accept All" there is a sale transaction that needs additional information. Pretty simple to fix.
    Compare the popup code with the one pre version 19.
  • Nelson SpitnaleNelson Spitnale Member ✭✭
    Have downloaded a "sold" transaction from Morgan Stanley, and am receiving a "I" Quicken window containing "000000000" and an OK button. Click OK and the transaction is not accepted. Window doesn't allow updating the 9 zeros. Have not found any workaround. I have the 1400 units of the holding and the transaction is for only 200 units. Using Quicken Deluxe Version R19.52.
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nelson Spitnale - Click on the subject transaction in the Downloads tab and then click Accept. You will be prompted to specify the Lots sold and then the transaction will report to the register.  This is a known bug introduced a while back that has yet to be fixed.  It occurs anytime less than the total number of shares held is sold and the user clicks Accept All.
  • Nelson SpitnaleNelson Spitnale Member ✭✭
    That worked. Thanks.
  • JeffJeff Member ✭✭
    Image attached
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeff, were you able to resolve the problem by using the method @markus1957 recommends above?
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • R DIllyR DIlly Member ✭✭
    My typical scenario is what @John A Thich described. The dialog I expected was familiar enough (about lot selection I think) that I knew what it should have said. In the mean time I had figured out what @markus1957 suggested; just hunt through the list. I believe that is what the pop-up used to tell one to do.

That said, I found this to be a tedious work-around. It would actually be easier if the list of transactions we sorted so *unaccepted* records were at the top of the list, but it seems they are intermingled.

I don't routinely do a download - typically in the 60-90 day range because my financial institution limits historical record to 90 days. I have 1 (managed I think) account which seems to generate more, often small transactions and as I said it can be a little tedious to find them all. It doesn't resolve the bad pop-up, but from my experience sorting that list would be helpful - even after the pop-up is fixed since the procedure still involves scanning the list.
  • billw29billw29 Member ✭✭
    I'm able to download (update) transactions but when I try to "Accept All", I get a pop-up box that that just had "00000000" in it. When I "Accept All" on some accounts, the transaction status changes to "Accepted" but the transaction isn't added to the register. On some accounts, I just get the "00000000" message. How do resolve this?
  • rustyaj4651rustyaj4651 Member
    I am having the same issue. It says there are transactions but they don't appear in the register.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue. It says there are transactions but they don't appear in the register.
    Totally different issue from the "000000000" error message.

Please read and try this:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7679372/faq-quicken-windows-2018-red-flag-but-no-transactions-to-review-bug

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 7:20AM
    billw29 said:
    I'm able to download (update) transactions but when I try to "Accept All", I get a pop-up box that that just had "00000000" in it. When I "Accept All" on some accounts, the transaction status changes to "Accepted" but the transaction isn't added to the register. On some accounts, I just get the "00000000" message. How do resolve this?
    That's a known bug which has been discussed several times in the Community in recent days, e.g.,

[self-referencing link removed]

AFAIK, workaround until they get the error message display fixed is to not "Accept all" downloaded investment transactions if you have partial Sell transactions among them. You need to respond to the prompt to select which shares to sell, so it's best to accept each individual transaction in chronological order.

• titanrx8titanrx8 Member ✭✭
    My Fidelity brokerage account has several dozen buy, sell and dividend transactions to download every few days. Using Direct Connect with Q Windows 19.55.

When doing an "accecpt all" for the downloads, a window pops up with all zeroes "0000000000" see attached. I have figured out that it will go away after making lot assignments for for some of the sell transactions but what exactly is Quicken trying to communicate with the cryptic message?

Perhaps this is a bug?
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 7:21AM
    It means you did an "Accept All" of downloaded transactions that included a partial sale that required you to specify which lots were sold. It's a bug, it is supposed to show a more informative dialog. See this discussion

[self-referencing link removed]
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • JerryJerry Member ✭✭
    Just received a new update. But the problem is still there.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sanitized file is so that they can try to re-produce using YOUR data.
    AND, FYI, much of the display functions are actually stored in  the Q data file.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP