A dialog box with an exclamation mark and 000000000 What is this?

I downloaded investment transactions, accepted all of them. When I clicked accept all I got a small box with Quicken at the top, an icon exclamation mark and 000000000 in the middle and an OK button. The account does not accept the transactions when I click on ok. What the heck is this dialog box all about?

Best Answers

• markus1957markus1957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Another bug created fixing one thing and breaking 2 more. This happens when less than all of a holding is sold and Accept All is clicked. The window use to be one that was more informative indicating the user must Accept the individual transaction and select the method for handling the lots to be sold, e.g.; avg. cost, Lot Basis (various choices).

In your case you need to Accept the individual Sold transaction(s) to select the method to handle the lots.

Answers

• markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Another bug created fixing one thing and breaking 2 more. This happens when less than all of a holding is sold and Accept All is clicked. The window use to be one that was more informative indicating the user must Accept the individual transaction and select the method for handling the lots to be sold, e.g.; avg. cost, Lot Basis (various choices).

In your case you need to Accept the individual Sold transaction(s) to select the method to handle the lots.
  • John A ThichJohn A Thich Member ✭✭
    When I restarted Quicken, this box did not reappear. I did have to clear one transaction re method of handling the lot. Thanks for the explanation. You would think that Quicken would put some more verbiage in that uninformative dialog box!
  • R DIllyR DIlly Member ✭✭
    Anyone know if there's a way to report this, or get it acknowledged in the Known Product Issues list ... https://community.quicken.com/categories/quickencommunity_known_product_issues ?? I couldn't find a path to request this. Fortunately I was able to find this post and confirm that another user has seen this fairly obvious bug. I don't recall seeing it before the 19.44 update.

"Known Product Issues" would seem to be a first place to look for something one suspects is the result of an update**. As markus1957 mentions this sort of function "regression" (though I'm never sure if something has broken, or re-broken) happens fairly often in my experience. (That work-around is correct; Having had to manually accept a fair number of transactions I knew from the flow context what the pop-up should have said.)

I have to say that I am a bit appalled and surprised at the number of regressions I've seen in new releases of the product. Now retired, I spent a lot of my career building up test automation for software and hardware. The tools for this have gotten much better ... and much less expensive. In some ways regressions are the saddest type of bugs - because they are the most easily preventable.

** I have been in organizations which resisted publishing known issues, but personally I appreciate when discovered bugs are shared promptly, and from a support perspective it seems to me to be the right thing to do.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello R Dilly. Appreciate your question.

To report an issue to Quicken, you can select the Help menu in Quicken and choose "Report a Problem." Please provide as much as possible regarding the error in which you have been receiving and the information will be sent in for review.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community.

We have reported this behavior to our Development team for further investigation and resolution, however Development has so far been unable to reproduce this behavior and needs your assistance to investigate this issue.

If you haven't already, please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select the "Report a Problem" option.

In the window that opens, enter "QWIN-15466" in the subject line and mark the box for every file, including the sanitized data file, then click Send to Quicken.

Sanitizing a data file removes all personally identifiable information, financial institution login credentials and obfuscates the transaction data to ensure your privacy remains intact.

The Report a Problem submissions go directly to our Development Teams and are used for investigative and debug purposes only.  You typically will not receive a response after sending a report, however if additional information is needed, a member of our Development team will be in contact.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
    I keep getting this dialog box after downloading investment transactions and accepting them. Can someone explain to me how I resolve this issue? Quicken really needs to develop a bit more information on this.
  • mrzookiemrzookie Member ✭✭
    I've seen this too, after updating to Q2019 r19.44. Do you use the "accept all" function? I think it's happening when attempting to accept a group of investment transactions which includes a sale that needs a specific lot to be specified. Its a little unnerving, but I don't think its causing any problems.
    Thanks for the response. I have been using accept all. Now there is only one transaction left. When trying to accept that transaction, the dialog box pops up again so I have not been able to clear the transaction in question.