A dialog box with an exclamation mark and 000000000 What is this?

2»

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    AND, FYI, much of the display functions are actually stored in  the Q data file.
    What exactly do you mean by this, @NotACPA? I don’t understand.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well,  many of the report settings, including What accounts are eligible for the report are in the QDF ...  and evidenced by a Validation  repairing the issue.
    And  those report options are a Display issue.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • napochan
    napochan Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. I can work around this knowing it wants partial sales to be processed separately, but I hope this is fixed soon. The underlying action of accepting all transactions including a partial sale would also be nice to fix such that FIFO sales are automatically processed without requiring review and/or lot identification, but that is a different discussion.
    ... Tom
  • wdtj
    wdtj Member
    I just downloaded a bank transaction, and when accepting a transaction a dialog pops up with the message 00000000.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wdtj, read the comments earlier in this discussion for an explanation and workaround for this issue. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • AbbyKay
    AbbyKay Member ✭✭
    When I used to (for the past ~25 yrs) reconcile my automatically sync'd brokeage statements, when I clicked "Accept All" in the transaction window at the bottom of the screen, certain transactions required "Additional Information". This required me to declare whether I wanted the sale of equities to be FIFO or specify lots. Now, I get a similar window, but it says "000000". I clicke "OK", and it proceeds to the window to have me specify lots or go FIFO. This is not a functional issue as I get to the same place, but it is not right and I don't know if it's being worked on.
  • gregandrews
    gregandrews Member ✭✭
    same here. waiting for a fix.
  • Jim_Harman
    Greg,

Were you able to use the workaround explained above to complete accepting the transactions?
  • From time to time when I click on "Accept All" in a transaction I get the dialog box displayed here. Clicking OK doesn't do anything and the dowloads still display New. I have to Save the transaction at which time the downloaded transaction displays Matched.

What's going on here?
  • Thanks. I did search using that multiple zero string, but didn't find this display. Guess I just keep doing what I'm doing until they fix it.

Thanks again, Greg!
  • Jeff Weiss
    Jeff Weiss Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    It won't accept transactions with this 000000 error. I click ok on the error box and nothing happens. Can't find any options to specify lots or anything that isn't greyed out. How do I get around this ? The program has made a mess of one account.
    Thanks.,
    Jeff 2019 Premium R21.16
  • Jeff Weiss
    Jeff Weiss Member ✭✭
    Jim-
    Thanks, that worked !
    Jeff
  • bargegeek
    bargegeek Member ✭✭
    I've been getting this "error" on a couple of my brokerage accounts when downloading. It's occurred for the past few months, but I can't find anything wrong anywhere that would explain it. I clear the message, and things appear to be fine, but it's clearly not correct.

I had a massive failure after the last major update that corrupted my data file. I had to rebuild from an older file. Now I get a message saying my QEL file is corrupted whenever I validate the file. Not sure if the two are related?
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community.
    >
    > We have reported this behavior to our Development team for further
    > investigation and resolution, however Development has so far been unable to
    > reproduce this behavior and needs your assistance to investigate this issue.
    >
    > If you haven't already, please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select the
    > "Report a Problem" option.
    >
    > In the window that opens, enter "QWIN-15466" in the subject line and mark
    > the box for every file, including the sanitized data file, then click Send to
    > Quicken.

Sarah, it's 3 months later and I still have this problem (and have the latest update installed). I'm trying to submit a problem report but got an error the first time. Trying it again (update: the submission worked the second time). Do they need the report or do they know what the problem is?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:

Sarah, it's 3 months later and I still have this problem (and have the latest update installed). I'm trying to submit a problem report but got an error the first time. Trying it again (update: the submission worked the second time). Do they need the report or do they know what the problem is?
    Hi @Misterbill

Thanks for reaching out!  I just checked the status of the ticket opened with Development and it appears that a solution has been found that is tentatively expected to be ready for the upcoming R22 release for Quicken for Windows.

Please be aware that this is an estimate and if additional issues or problems are found during testing, the solution may be delayed to another release.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Sarah
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > (Quote)
    > Hi @Misterbill
    >
    > Thanks for reaching out!  I just checked the status of the ticket opened with
    > Development and it appears that a solution has been found that is tentatively
    > expected to be ready for the upcoming R22 release for Quicken for Windows.

Great news, thanks! Fortunately the problem is easy enough to get around, you just manually accept the sold entries. But it's annoying.
  • After downloading transactions, when I go to accept transactions I sometimes get the dialog box with the text "000000000". The title bar says "Quicken" and there is only an OK button. It makes no sense, I think one of your developers left a debugging message in the code. This has been going on for at least 5 builds of Quicken Deluxe Windows 2019. I am on the latest build 27.1.21.17. I see other users are getting this as well but I don't see any resolution and it has been going on for at least 6 months.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    After downloading transactions, when I go to accept transactions I sometimes get the dialog box with the text "000000000". The title bar says "Quicken" and there is only an OK button. It makes no sense, I think one of your developers left a debugging message in the code. This has been going on for at least 5 builds of Quicken Deluxe Windows 2019. I am on the latest build 27.1.21.17. I see other users are getting this as well but I don't see any resolution and it has been going on for at least 6 months.

As announced two days ago by @Quicken Sarah , a fix is planned for R22.
  • Dakotakid
    Dakotakid Member ✭✭
    After downloading financial transactions from Linsco Private Ledger and "Accepting" All Transactions a message box pops up saying "000000000". See attached image.
  • Jim_Harman
    Earlier posts in this discussion describe what to do when this happens:

After dismissing the "0000000" dialog, look at the transactions at the bottom. Some will be "Accepted" and you dont have to worry about them. One or more others will have the Accept button. These are partial sales that need to have the lots specified. Click on each of them and specify the lots. When you have accepted all the transactions, click on Done.

This is the same process as before the "0000000" dialog appeared, it's just that the correct dialog has instructions on how to proceed.
  • ART QUINN
    ART QUINN Member ✭✭
    Sale of mutual fund share were downloaded. When "Accept All" is clicked, a window pops up with the following, ! 000000000 with "OK" under it. When "OK" is clicked, the window disappears and the transaction is still there not accepted or entered. It happened with 4 accounts for the first time today. Any suggestions?
  • Jim_Harman
    @art quinn read the post immediately above yours for a solution to this problem
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    >
    > Thanks for reaching out!  I just checked the status of the ticket opened with
    > Development and it appears that a solution has been found that is tentatively
    > expected to be ready for the upcoming R22 release for Quicken for Windows.

I just downloaded and installed a new update (it says I now have R22.12, build 27.1.22.12). Is the fix to this problem included? I don't currently have any unaccepted transactions to reproduce it with.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed: An issue in which an error message box displayed when accepting downloaded transactions for an investment account.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.