Paypal Buyer Credit won't download transactions after R19.44 Upgrade

LMZankLMZank Member
Had to de & reactivate all of my accounts after the R19.44 upgrade 
Half my bills didn't populate after the upgrade & I'm still getting errors on several accounts but they have zero balances so I'm not overly concerned. My primary concern is with Paypal which I use quite often. I've tried resetting, de/re-activating and adding a new account. For some reason, only transactions through 5/11 will download, yet there are at least a dozen transactions in my account since then that aren't populating. Not sure what else to try at this point.

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @LMZank

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't yet, please go to the Tools menu in Quicken and select "Online Center" from close to the bottom of the menu.

In the window that opens, change the Financial Institution drop down box to Paypal and then hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and keep holding down Ctrl while clicking on the "Contact Info" tab at the very top.

A window should open that says "Refresh Online Transaction Information".  Change the Account dropdown to the Paypal account and what is the date listed to the right of the "Reset DTSTART" button?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Norman DrewsNorman Drews Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue and my DSTART date is 7/20/2019
  • zuppsterzuppster Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue and my DSTART date is 6/4/2019
    Hello @Norman Drews & @zuppster

Thank you for the responses and confirming what "DTSTART" is listed for you.

To ensure that you are experiencing the same issues and/or behaviors, please let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using (Help > About Quicken)

Please also let us know if you are experiencing issues with "PayPal Buyer Credit" specifically, or a different Financial Institution.

Were the account(s) experiencing issues activated for downloads in Quicken previously?  If so, were they deactivated and need to be reactivated?  

Or are they currently activated, but new transactions aren't appearing?

Or are these accounts being added and activated for downloads for the very first time in Quicken?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • LMZankLMZank Member
    Replied to e-mail, but haven't seen an update, so here are the answers via reply to this post. Would like to see this resolved.

To ensure that you are experiencing the same issues and/or behaviors, please let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using (Help > About Quicken)
    Version R20.15 Build 27.1.20.15

Please also let us know if you are experiencing issues with "PayPal Buyer Credit" specifically, or a different Financial Institution.
    Paypal Buyer Credit

Were the account(s) experiencing issues activated for downloads in Quicken previously? If so, were they deactivated and need to be reactivated?
    Downloads were working before, and when they stopped, I followed online help instructions and de/re-activated.

Or are they currently activated, but new transactions aren't appearing?
    They are currently activated and haven’t been downloading transactions for a couple of months.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, you can't reply to an email from the Quicken Community.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • zuppsterzuppster Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah. Here are the answers to your questions:
    1) Quicken 2017 Deluxe R19.5, Build 26.1.19.5
    2) Yes, "Paypal Buyer Credit." At the moment, no other accounts seem affected.
    3) Yes, this account was activated for download previously, and worked until approximately the end of May, 2019. I have deactivated and reactivated the account in Quicken, and have also "Reset" the account under Account details.
    4) The account is currently activated. The download says it completes successfully but no transactions actually download. As I said above, transactions downloaded successfully until approximate 2-1/2 months ago.
    5) The account is not being added for the first time.
  • gzuckero68gzuckero68 Member
    Same issue here for weeks and weeks....nothing fixes it.
    zuppster said:
    Hi Sarah. Here are the answers to your questions:
    1) Quicken 2017 Deluxe R19.5, Build 26.1.19.5
    2) Yes, "Paypal Buyer Credit." At the moment, no other accounts seem affected.
    3) Yes, this account was activated for download previously, and worked until approximately the end of May, 2019. I have deactivated and reactivated the account in Quicken, and have also "Reset" the account under Account details.
    4) The account is currently activated. The download says it completes successfully but no transactions actually download. As I said above, transactions downloaded successfully until approximate 2-1/2 months ago.
    5) The account is not being added for the first time.
    Hi @zuppster

Thank you for that additional information.  If you haven't already, please create a new Quicken data file (File > New Quicken File), for testing purposes only, and attempt to add the Paypal Buyer Credit account in the new file.

Do the missing transactions download correctly in the test file?

If not, we will need to investigate this matter further and review the internal communications between Quicken and the Financial Institution to understand what is happening and preventing the new transactions from downloading.

Please let me know how it goes in the test file, thank you.

Sarah