Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Online updating account removed by itself, why?

I recently added a new auto loan along with online updating to a profile that had my 401k, another credit union loan and my mortgage configured and working properly. The new loan was also through a credit union (not sure if that matters in this case). When the online updating was selected after adding the account the new starting balance was downloaded as expected but my other credit union motorcycle loan was somehow removed and no longer online updating. My question is, WHY?! I have tried to re-add the removed account and the institution is no longer listed when searching in the Add a new loan dialog?????? Is there a limit to the number of online updating accounts you can have? What gives?

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "my other credit union motorcycle loan was somehow removed "

Maybe you could explain that further?  What do you mean the loan was "removed"?  Are you saying the Quicken Account literally disappeared, that it's no longer listed in the Account Bar?  Or was it zeroed out somehow?  If that's the case, what's the entry in the loan register that did that? 
  • MarkinGAMarkinGA Member
    Neither. It's still listed and has the remaining balance. After I added the latest account and told Quicken to online update the motorcycle loan was no longer included in the list of accounts it was trying to download updates for.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @MarkinGA

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

There is not a limit to the number of accounts that can be connected for downloading transactions and adding a new loan account should not have affected the previous loan account or removed it from downloading.

Do you update accounts through the One Step Update, Account Register > Update Now, or the Online Center?

If you go to the Tools menu and select the Account List, what is listed in the "Transaction Download" column for the two loan accounts?

Please also let us know what Financial Institution the original loan account is issued through.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • MarkinGAMarkinGA Member
    Transaction Download column shows Yes (Express Web Connect) for the new truck loan and _____ for the motorcycle loan.

The removed financial institution for the motorcycle loan was GeoVista FCU.
This discussion has been closed.