Problems with CapitalOne 360 Accounts

When CapitalOne 360 was ING Direct, I had to enter an access code into Quicken to download my transactions. After CapitalOne purchased ING Direct, it began a very very very long process of integrating ING Direct into CapitalOne (CapitalOne 360 is a years-long middle step). Until recently, Quicken still used the access code.

Now, a CapitalOne 360 rep told me, they no longer support the access code and I should use my username and password in Quicken just like I do to log on to their website. I changed each of my 8 accounts individually bu deactivating online services and then reactivating again and all was well - my transactions downloaded. Then the next day, I got the same error and didn't get any downloaded transactions. I called CapitalOne 360 again and got a rep who had a very difficult time understanding what I was trying to do. Eventually, he told me that CapitalOne 360 no longer supports Quicken access.

I don't believe this is accurate because I am able to download transactions 1 time right after deactivating and reactivating online services.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem? And further, I wonder if I need to change the institution name from CapitalOne 360 to CapitalOne?

Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Wayne DarenWayne Daren Member ✭✭
    edited June 12
    This is a general comment, but i am finding decreasing reliability using Quicken to connect with financial institutions. It seems to be due to tightening security measures, but also due to general programming changes which no one at either Quicken or the institutions seem able to fix. Try finding someone at a bank who knows what direct connect is, even after spending an hour being bounced around the telephone menu. Go to your local branch and they know less about computers than you do.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Lisa Maco

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Capital One 360 accounts are still able to be connected with Quicken and the transactions downloaded, however there has been a few changes in how Quicken connects with Capital One.

If you haven't already, please visit https://www.quicken.com/support/changes-your-capital-one-account-services-quicken and review the information.

Do you currently have Capital One 360 accounts active for download in Quicken?  Or are you trying to add accounts for the first time?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Lisa MacoLisa Maco Member ✭✭
    That you Sarah, but this is exactly the process I have done multiple times! The steps I took:

Deactivite online services for each of my 8 CapitalOne 360 accounts.
    Reactivate online services for 1 CapitalOne360 Account.
    Link each of my 8 accounts found with the appropriate account already in Quicken.
    Download transactions successfully

The next time I run One Step Update, I do not get an error message, but I don't get any transactions. Knowing that there ARE transactions to download, I grow suspicious, open the One Step Update window again, see a little blue ? next to CapitalOne360 and also CapitalOne New. The message says "CapitalOne Bank New requires you to sign in using their secure authentication system to connect to Quicken. Once you sign in, you need not enter your password every time you perform a One Step Update."

This message is accurate in that I am NOT required to enter my password (nor am I prompted for one), but I don't get any transactions.

The long, tedious, workaround, is to do the steps I did all over again. But this not a solution. FYI, I am using Quicken 2017. If you can guarantee me that this is something that was fixed in a later version, I'll upgrade, but I'll be REALLY annoyed if I pay for an upgrade I don't otherwise need and still have this problem.
This discussion has been closed.