Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Adding two separate fidelity accounts

Hello, my wife and I have separate fidelity investment accounts. I have unsuccessfully tried to add both. Is there a way to add both accounts to the quicken software, or do we have to combine them?

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Quicken mirrors real life accounts. So if you have two separate (not joint) accounts, there is no reason you cannot add them in Quicken. If the two Fidelity accounts are retirement accounts, you should have two separate IDs and passwords. Use those credentials when setting up the accounts in Quicken. If these are not retirement accounts, how many user IDs are used at Fidelity?

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 accounts at Fidelity (one taxable and 3 retirement) and my wife has 2 accounts at Fidelity (one taxable and one Retirement).
    And  they're all set up in Quicken.
    By any chance are any of your accounts actually NOT at Fidelity Investments, but rather at Fidelity NetBenefits?  Because such account need to be set up as Fidelity NetBenefits ... and not Fidelity Investments.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • I have one investment account and one retirement account under one ID. I have successfully added both of these to my quicken file. My wife has a separate ID with one investment account and two retirement accounts from different employers. I am unsuccessful in adding her accounts to quicken. I just tried both Fidelity and Fidelity net benefits. Neither worked. Thanks.
    edited June 2019
    In what way did they "not work".  Elaborate.  Exactly what process did you go thru to add her accounts, and what results did you get?
    And, Employer sponsored accounts (401k or 403b or HSA, in particular) would be at NetBenefits.   Retirement accounts that YOU set up would be at Fidelity Investments.
  • So first I tested her login with Fidelity web access to make sure it worked, which it did. I then proceeded to the add accounts under the brokerage tab. I selected fidelity netbenefits under the brokerage tab and it asked for the login information. When I entered the login information, a blank screen popped up with add 401k account on top and a tab with connect on the bottom. I hit connect and it came up with another page that said "we found the following", but with nothing under this line. I then clicked next and it crashed my quicken software...I did the same thing with fidelity investments and a similar thing happened.
  • She has the following accounts:
    Investment account
    "Joint WROS-TOD"

Retirement account
    "XXX 403B plan"
    "XXX 401K" (new employer with no money in it)

Nonqualified account
    "XXX 457B" (new employer with no money in it)
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you also provide which version of Quicken? Help>About.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
    Version R13.23
    Build 27.1.13.23
  • sorry version and build are both 14.23
  • Definitely a software issue. I just added my wifes T Rowe price 401k retirement account from another previous employer. When I tried to add my T Rowe price 403b retirement account, it crashed the system.
    "Definitely a software issue."  FAR FROM PROVEN.
    This could, easily, also be a corrupted Q data file issue.  In fact, the crash would tend to confirm the corruption theory.
  • Is there a way to check/fix that? The file is saved to Microsoft OneDrive. I am now suspecting that to be the problem....
This discussion has been closed.