Quicken freezing

Hi! Is anyone experiencing Quicken freezing when trying to use the "Update now" function? I've tried multiple times over the last 2 days to download my bank transactions, without any success. I don't get an error message. Quicken just gets permanently stuck "updating financial institution information." I have to go into Task Manager and End Task in order to get Quicken to shut down.

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13
    Have you tried going to the account register and selecting ⚙️ > Update Now? You may have a problem account. Individually updating may highlight the issue.
    Are you using Online Billers or syncing to the cloud account?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1909
  • slimseegslimseeg Member
    That is the way I update every time I sync to my bank.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @slimseeg

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a freeze in Quicken and appreciate your taking the time to report this behavior to the Community.

Please take a moment and review the information available at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7803899/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Please also go to the Tools menu > One Step Update.

In the One Step Update Settings window - are any boxes under the Online Services section checked?

If so, please uncheck every box in the Online Service section, mark the box for every Financial Institution and click "Update Now". 

Do any of the accounts update successfully?  Or do you receive an error message/code at all?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.