can't anything be done about Quicken's refusal to keep an edited category??

Answers

• John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to expand on what "refusal to keep an edited category" means. What isn't working?
  • savery9823savery9823 Member ✭✭
    My older version of Quicken had a number of payment (and income) categories, several of which I created to track expenses. It also seemed to “remember” them and use them consistently. For some reason, even when I try to use the drop down to access them, they are not always accepted. Plus, the assignment of categories for several reoccurring transactions now seem random.
  • John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the auto-categorization of transactions, the poor and sporadic categorization is a current known issue with the backend. Part of this is claimed to be resolved with the next release which promises far more accuracy in this department. Stay tuned.

Your older (or custom) categories should continue to work when you apply them. I personally have not seen where pulling them up from the list does not work. The only time I have seen users report such is when they are typing something that has several category matches and they don't explicitly choose which one they want. Perhaps hitting tab to move to the next field will help in make sure you have chosen the desired one. (I am speculating here as I can't see how you are entering or recategorizing the transaction.)
  • savery9823savery9823 Member ✭✭
    I can enter the subcategories on the ledger page, but sometimes after I click “reviewed” it disappears.
    And I gathered that the auto categorization was a known issue, but the threads where it seemed to be discussed were marked closed.