Am I the only one?

:s It seems that every time I go through a Quicken update, performance goes down (updates take longer and longer) and something breaks. Today I upgraded to R19.50 / Build 27.1.19.50 and the first time I did a One Step Update I had a crash. The second time things seemed to work, but I now have a RED FLAG next to one of my accounts saying I need to perform tasks - but I don't! Ugh! Is anyone else seeing these issues?

Answers

• CityBoyCityBoy Member ✭✭
    I am also seeing this crash, it appears to fail when it tries to log me into my Quicken account. Mine crashes each time with any cloud interaction-sync, one-step or an individual account update. Problem with syncing and cloud started after the R19.44 update and have continued since then. Now almost useless to me-no updates since R19.44, no cloud sync, one-step and when it was running most of my accounts setup for the cloud would not sync due to a Quicken server error. It go on from there. Also, Quicken on the web now has no data-transactions or otherwise. Staying away until Quicken fixes the problems started with R19.44. I run windows version QW 2019. Sigh, reminds me of 2016 debacle.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mahneedhamj

Thank you for reporting that you are experiencing a crash after the install of the R19.50 release.

May I ask, when Quicken crashes, does a dialogue window open with the option to submit a crash report?

If so, have you sent the report?

If you have not submitted the crash report, please do so and let me know once it's been submitted.

We have reported this crash to our Development team for further investigation and the more data we can receive will help us to locate the root cause and resolve it more quickly.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @CityBoy

Thank you for also reporting that you are experiencing a crash.

I was able to locate the already submitted crash reports, thank you for submitting them, and have forwarded the crash logs to our Development Teams for assistance with investigating this issue.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • jon_crawfordjon_crawford Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. Attempted several different ways - software crashes after it attempts to get me to login with Quicken ID.

This is after update to R19.50 this morning.

Also noticed on Quicken.com that my password required resetting - most likely due to a "system administrator" requiring reset. Couldn't possibly be related...

Quicken - please fix it.

I am interested in seeing how the "fix" update will push out to paying users when you can't get the software to update.
  • jon_crawfordjon_crawford Member ✭✭
    UPDATE to my 18 June comments:

I believe that the crashes following R19.50 update are associated with Quicken ID errors. Quicken will crash after attempting a One Step Update. Before the crash - the Quicken ID / Password screen flashes for a brief moment without allowing you to enter any data.

I was able to get this to work after going to Help --> My Quicken Account and re-entering my ID and Password.

Good luck.