Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Merrill Lynch OL-220-A Connection Error

Q2019 r19.44 WIN

Just started this morning (6/20/19). Anyone else seeing it?

Best Answers

Answers

• LarryLarry Member ✭✭
    I just started receiving the same error this morning.
  • JSSJSS Member ✭✭
    is there a problem right now with merrill lynch? getting OL-220-A
  • I received the same OL-220-A error this morning (6-20-2019)., as well. Did not have it on 6-19-2019.
  • Ronald CarlsonRonald Carlson Member ✭✭
    Same OL - 220 - A issue . Checked will Merrill Tech service confirmed this maybe a quicken issue .
  • Thomas GoodhartThomas Goodhart Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    2017 R19.1 getting same error with Merrill Lynch. ML says it's a Quicken problem.
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since they use direct connect, it is unlikely to be a Quicken problem.
    Well the OL - 220 - A problem still has not been resolved . It is reasonable to expect Quicken to step up and resolve the issue with Merrill .
  • qw_mac_15qw_mac_15 Member ✭✭
    Same here – error started yesterday (June 19, 2019) for me.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the OL - 220 - A problem still has not been resolved . It is reasonable to expect Quicken to step up and resolve the issue with Merrill .
    No.  It is not reasonable to expect Quicken to correct Merrily Lynch's issue.  If you haven't already, I suggest you raise the issue to Merril Lynch. 
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    Sherlock - I already checked with Merrill this morning .
    = Question we do pay quicken ?
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Sherlock - I already checked with Merrill this morning .
    = Question we do pay quicken ?
    You purchase a license to operate Quicken, but other than that NO, you don't pay Quicken except for a few, entirely optional, additional services.

But, lastly note, that since the connection to ML is "Direct Connect", that ML is ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE for the content of the download.  Q merely sends ML a message to "send me what you've got" and ML returns the response.  If ML screws up on their end there's nothing that Q can do about it.

AND, the banks ALWAYS deny that they're the problem ... even when we've been able to prove otherwise.  Their scripted "first response" is "Blame Quicken"!
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    NotACPA = I just was able to download the data from Merrill . So the Direct Connection Link on Quicken End may not be functioning correctly . I used Merrill Download Account Data .
    = So my issue is solved for tonight
  • dustydanielsdustydaniels Member
    Same problem. I'm using "Download Account Data" from ML website until this is issue is resolved by Quicken or ML.
  • taitelhtaitelh Member
    Same here...started yesterday (6/20). Merrill gave typical, reboot computer and try again response to question about it. Clearly on Merrill side, all other firms work.
  • meme Member ✭✭
    6/21 7:43 EST. Getting same (OL-220-A) issue here. Merrill says "We don't partner with Quicken any more, you'll need to contact Quicken."
  • EdwinEdwin Member ✭✭
    Same OL-220-A for three days only for Merrill. The connect log file states "NULL" received as a response.

20190621 07:33:34: QFN: Beginning send to https://taxcert.mlol.ml.com/eftxweb/access.ofx
    20190621 07:33:37: QFN: End send to https://taxcert.mlol.ml.com/eftxweb/access.ofx, netstatus 0
    20190621 07:33:37: Parse error. Current object: Null Object

Need to check with Merrill about their commitment and BOA. May need to move my trade business to another broker.
    ** User of Quicken since 1993 **
    Same problem with OL-220-A ; had to download data from Merrill
  • jtemplinjtemplin Member ✭✭✭
    FWIW, I've had the same issue for the past 2 days.
  • PeterPeter Member ✭✭
    Does anyone else have this issue?
  • PeterPeter Member ✭✭
    Getting Error OL-220-A on Merrill Lynch investments download.
    Does anyone else have this issue?
  • mrzookiemrzookie Member ✭✭✭
    Hey Quicken Support folks - As you can see, there are a number of people experiencing this problem, so its apparently a "thing". Do you have anyone looking into it? I understand the issue may be on ML's side, but you undoubtedly have more more clout with them than we do. Some sort of statement or update would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • PeterPeter Member ✭✭
    Just received a call from my broker's office and was informed that ML had a spike in calls about issue and they are now working on the problem
  • RonRon Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Merrill Lynch says problem not on their end. Chatted with Quicken support... agent said they have reported the problem (unclear who it was reported to) and it is being worked on. So we probably should give both of them (ML and Quicken) some time. But... Always remember, the squeaking wheel gets the oil.
  • mtn_livingmtn_living Member ✭✭
    Have same issue here
  • TomTom Member ✭✭
    Merrill Lynch returns error OL-220-A, since 6/20
    Just checked - Not resolved by Merrill or Quicken .
  • humguy1humguy1 Member ✭✭
    Same here, except I'm unable to use the .qxf file directly from ML. Interestingly, we also download direct from T.Rowe Price and have had no problems. I'll notify both ML and Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.