Slow Log In

Beginning about a week ago, it takes several seconds for Quicken to start. Prior to then, it started almost immediately. Has something changed?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what its worth, I haven't noticed any change in the time it takes to start Quicken.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a blank window at startup for several seconds with 19.44 that I did not see with 18.16.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • DaveS
    DaveS Windows Beta Beta
    Overall, after the last updates, Quicken has been slow to open and slow to process input. About 20-30 seconds to open and 10-15 seconds to process an input.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I just timed my Q start up (running R19.44), and while I also got the blank window that @Rocket J Squirrel mentioned, Q was up and running in 8.3 seconds.
    SO, @DaveS & @wimplister have you told Q to run One Step Update when it opens?  Have you tried validating your Q data file?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • wimplister
    wimplister Member ✭✭
    I just updated to R19.52, Build 27.1.19.52, which did not help.
    I validated my file, some of which was corrupted. This did not help
    It is taking over 20 seconds to open.
    Once open, everything seems to work OK, although one can never be sure about that!
  • wimplister
    wimplister Member ✭✭
    I might add that after taking the two actions mentioned in my earlier comment, Quicken did not remember the passwords for the accounts for which I do a One-Step-Update.
  • wimplister
    wimplister Member ✭✭
    It gets worse. Not only did Quicken forget my passwords, I am unable to add them back. Something drastic has happened with the recent release. Please Quicken, respond to these issues.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @wimplister

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues in Quicken and thank you for taking the time to report the details of these issues to the Community.

What happens when you try to add the passwords back?  Do you receive an error message of any kind?  If so, what does that error message say?

If you haven't already, please go to the Tools menu > One Step Update and enter a password for one financial institution.  A "save" check box should appear to the left of the password, check the box and select "Update Now".

Once the update completes, does the password now show as saved in the password vault?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • wimplister
    wimplister Member ✭✭
    After the update, passwords were remembered for 4 of my accounts, but not for all the others. So when I select One Step Update, it updates those 4 accounts. Selecting One Step Update again brings up the One Step Update Settings. On that screen, there is space for inserting passwords. When I enter the passwords, check the boxes next to them, and select update now, it responds that I need to enter passwords for some of the accounts for which passwords had been entered. Repeating the process doesn't always ask for passwords for the same accounts. It continues this dialogue and will not allow me to update the passwords.
  • wimplister
    wimplister Member ✭✭
    Something has changed - Quicken now opens quickly. Thanks. However, I still am not able to update the passwords for my various accounts.
  • wimplister
    wimplister Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I did solve the password problem by deactivating the various accounts and then reactivating them. Nevertheless, I was never able to add the passwords thru the normal procedure. Whenever I added a password and attempted an update, the system replied that I needed to add the password before I could update - an endless circle.
This discussion has been closed.