Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Budget_synclog.dat and BudgetOFXLOG.dat icons are showing up after Quicken is launched.

What are they? What are they used for? And why are they now showing up?

Best Answers

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are Quicken log files. Where are they showing up?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Donald MillerDonald Miller Member ✭✭
    on my desktop
    Where is your Quicken data file stored?
    In DropBox
    You should not store your Quicken data file in DropBox. That could lead to file corruption. You should move your data file to the Quicken folder that's in Documents and use DropBox for backups.
    I'm sorry. Not literate enough with Quicken files.

I store only the backups in DropBox.

Recently something happened to Quicken on my laptop requiring me to follow directions offered automatically by Quicken. I noticed an icon Budget.QDF then showed up on my desktop at the same time the ...LOG.DAT icons showed up. That QDF file is probably the data file you are referring to. If so, where should that file go and how do I get it to it proper place?
    When I move the QDF and both DAT files to the correct location and open the QDF file will Quicken then associate with that new location and not the desktop And I can delete then those files from my desktop?

I cannot remember what exactly happened to my Quicken laptop which initiated the repair directions. But at one point I was asked where I wanted a specific file (which I now believe was the QDF file) located. Whenever asked that I always save on the desktop
    Move the files, don't copy them. Once they're in the correct location, double click the QDF to open and Quicken will then remember the new location.
    There is no option to move the file to the location noted. I can move to dropbox or send to documents. Then, I guess, send to ...?
    GREAT!! I'll do that. Thank you and "Greg The Greek' so very much!!
This discussion has been closed.