Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Automatic bill payments are still being sent even though I no longer use Quicken. How to stop?

I used Quicken for years and had two monthly automatic bill payments sent. I assumed these would stop when my Quicken Deluxe 2016 became no longer supported. However the payments continue. How can I stop them?

Best Answer

• MMcVeigh
    MMcVeigh Member
    edited June 2019 Accepted Answer
    I have resolved the issue. Despite statements to the contrary, the bank had no auto-scheduled payments. Somewhere in the Inuit->Quicken.com world my scheduled payments were recorded and remained active. I had to reload Quicken 2016, plus updates, plus endless Quicken sign ins one for each stage until I finally got to my bank register in Quicken. I had to cancel and delete the recurring auto-payments there. After that the new software, [removed], indicated the next payments were indeed canceled. Because I won't pay for the new Quicken subscription model I have uninstalled Quicken and seem to be finished with this issue and on to new software.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sent the instructions to your bank through Quicken. The automatic payments appear to be recurring through your bank. You need to login to your bank and deactivate them from there.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • MMcVeigh
    MMcVeigh Member
    The repeating online bill payments do not appear on my bank website. I assume they are being sent by Quicken.com independent of Quicken software. I don't know how to turn them off since I no longer have Quicken installed.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello MMcVeigh,

Do you recall if you ever set up a Quicken Bill Pay account?

This would have been created at http://quickenbillpay.com/.

This would also incur a $9.95 monthly fee, have you seen any charges like this?

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • MMcVeigh
    MMcVeigh Member
    No, I don't/didn't have that account. All were setup in Quicken 2016 using "repeating online payments" from a "PFM Direct Connect" bank access.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You confirmed what I stated previously. The repeating online instructions are at your bank. If you cannot see them online, you will need to call them to have them deactivated.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • MMcVeigh
    MMcVeigh Member
    edited June 2019 Accepted Answer
    I have resolved the issue. Despite statements to the contrary, the bank had no auto-scheduled payments. Somewhere in the Inuit->Quicken.com world my scheduled payments were recorded and remained active. I had to reload Quicken 2016, plus updates, plus endless Quicken sign ins one for each stage until I finally got to my bank register in Quicken. I had to cancel and delete the recurring auto-payments there. After that the new software, [removed], indicated the next payments were indeed canceled. Because I won't pay for the new Quicken subscription model I have uninstalled Quicken and seem to be finished with this issue and on to new software.
This discussion has been closed.