What direct connect financial institutions still work for you with Quicken for Mac 2007?

This was intended as a new question but somehow my first attempt resulted in it getting tacked onto an old dead discussion I started a week so here goes again:

I have seven financial institutions that still work for me on Quicken for Mac 2007 and another one that works but that I no longer use due to bill pay not working:

American Express
Capital One Bank
Charles Schwab Bank
Charles Schwab & Co
Chase
Citi Cards
CitiBusiness Credit Cards
Wells Fargo Bank

I am able to download transactions from all of these institutions but the two from Citi rarely connect these days.

Bill pay on Capital One and Chase worked the last time I tried but were the only two left with direct connect bill pay after it stopped working on Wells Fargo.

I don't use Capital One bill pay as it seems to set up an online bill payment and then each bill pay transaction ends up showing twice in the register. It is also problematic when trying to change it or delete it.

I keep Chase disabled for scheduled one step updates due to random modal alerts about how they are changing dates for something. I've been getting the same alert every few updates for years now. If anyone knows how to fix this please speak up.

For people who are still using Quicken for Mac 2007 what institutions still work for you with direct connect?

Comments

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark, I still use Quicken 2007, but only for manual entry, so I can't answer your question. Out of curiosity, what features do you need from Quicken 2007 that don't exist in Quicken 2019? (There are some legitimate ones, but since the developers keep adding features, I want to make sure you don't think you're blocked if there are features which now exist in the modern Quicken Mac.)
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Mark GreenMark Green Member ✭✭
    I have 18 mortgages and 6 brokerage accounts and use many custom reports and the TXF export functionality. I have not been able to get all of this working the way I would like with the 2017, 2018 or 2019 versions of Quicken for Mac. Now that I no longer use bill pay it seems simpler to just keep Quicken for Mac 2007 running. I have a 4TB SSD and 32GB RAM so no problem keeping an HFS partition around running Mojave 32 bit. I do have a VirtualBox VM that still works running Mountain Lion so that might work as well. My Snow Leopard VM gets a kernel panic now with the latest version of VirtualBox.
  • SystemSystem Member ✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken for Mac 2007 Bill Pay (One Step Update) Failing at Wells Fargo.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Mark Green

I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience, I just wanted to let you know that I have recombined the comments on this topic and moved all comments from your original post into this thread so the discussion may be continued.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 18 mortgages and 6 brokerage accounts and use many custom reports and the TXF export functionality. I have not been able to get all of this working the way I would like with the 2017, 2018 or 2019 versions of Quicken for Mac. Now that I no longer use bill pay it seems simpler to just keep Quicken for Mac 2007 running. I have a 4TB SSD and 32GB RAM so no problem keeping an HFS partition around running Mojave 32 bit. I do have a VirtualBox VM that still works running Mountain Lion so that might work as well. My Snow Leopard VM gets a kernel panic now with the latest version of VirtualBox.
    If you are still using QM2007 in a VM, please do share your experiences with others in this thread:

Share your experience running QM2007 in a Virtual Machine (VM)

- what works, what does not, quirks, etc.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Canada we do not have Direct Connect, so cannot speak to that but just for complementary info, so far all my FIs/banks still work with QFX downloads.

The list is extensive. I can update if anyone is interested.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
This discussion has been closed.