After upgarding to 19.52, Quicken crashes when doing one-step update

I sent in the Quicken Crash Report. I have no other information and can't do any update

Best Answer

Answers

• seaubreyseaubrey Member
    Quicken subscription pushed an update today 6/15/2019 on Win10. It is R19.52 Build: 27.1.19.52. Quicken crashes when accessing Edit -> Preferences -> Cloud Accounts.
    Quicken also gives error " We could not retrieve your Quicken profile information" when clicking "Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts". Attempting to sign out of my currently signed in account causes Quicken to crash. My Quicken.com account is valid as I am able to sign in via a browser.
  • PeterKPeterK Member ✭✭
    I just spoke to tech support and he indicates that this is a known problem for at least 2 days, but looking at the report here, it was known since June 18. So why was I even offered to upgrade to 19.52 this morning?
  • SystemSystem Member ✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken for Windows 2019 crashes after R 19.50 installation.
  • lesperanceflesperancef Member
    Happened to me too. Operative error message from crash report is:
    "Webmethod call didn't succeed and the failure response is: - AuthHeader is missing"
  • BryanBryan Member ✭✭
    edited June 25
    Was getting the crash after 19.52 was pushed everytime the Quicken ID Login was about to come up. Reinstalled and was able to log-in yesterday. This morning 19.52 was pushed out to me again and I updated. Now the crash is back. In Preferences, under Quicken ID it says "We Could not retrieve your Quicken Profile Information". If I click "Try Again" it crashes. If I click "sign in using a different quicken ID, it crashes". You guys need to post installers for every version, so rollback is easy.
  • JanFergusonJanFerguson Member
    I'm having the same problem with both 19.50 and 19.52
  • BryanBryan Member ✭✭
    From Windows Event Log:

Application: qw.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Exception
    at EO.Internal.bae.a(System.String ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
    at EO.Internal.jq+o.a(EO.Internal.bae)
    at EO.Internal.jq.a(Boolean ByRef, EO.Internal.bae[], System.String, System.String)
    at EO.Internal.jq.a(EO.Internal.bae[], System.String, System.String)
    at EO.Internal.aqa.a(System.String, System.String)
    at EO.Internal.av5.b()
    at EO.Internal.av5.a(System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity)
    at EO.WebEngine.Engine.Start(System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity)
    at EO.Internal.av5.c()
    at EO.Internal.ct..ctor(EO.WebBrowser.WebView)
    at EO.WebBrowser.WebView.y()
    at EO.WebBrowser.WebView.a(IntPtr, Boolean)
    at EO.WebBrowser.WebView.Create(IntPtr)
    at EO.Wpf.WebViewHost+a.a()

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, Boolean)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(System.Object, System.Object[], System.Object[])
    at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at ._WinMainCRTStartup()
  • BryanBryan Member ✭✭
    So this crash is definitely related to displaying your internal web browser component for the Quicken ID Login
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello  Seaubrey,

Sorry, to hear that you're experiencing this difficulty.

Do you by chance have any firewall or 3rd party security software or antivirus?

https://www.quicken.com/support/configuring-firewalls

If that isn't the case have you tried restoring a backup file from prior to the update or validating the current file https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Please let us know if any of these options help correct the crashing you're experiencing.

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • BryanBryan Member ✭✭
    Following splasher's instructions in this thread I am up and running again on version 19.44

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7855784/quicken-crashes-on-19-44-is-there-a-way-to-revert-to-a-version-newer-than-14-23#latest

Unfortunately I've lost some trust in the software and will have to maintain a parallel installation in a VM to test all new patches before I apply them to my "real" machine.
  • jbwaltersjbwalters Member
    Quicken crashes when on-step update button is pushed, and hangs before requesting the password. My Quicken for Windows 2019 is running under Crossover Office, and had been working fine prior to the latest update.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To revert to an earlier patch release, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install while disconnected from the internet, update by applying the appropriate Mondo Patch, and restoring a data file saved prior to updating from the earlier patch release.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the appropriate Mondo Patch: https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windowsor http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • sonyaf77sonyaf77 Member ✭✭
    This morning my quicken did some sort of quick download before opening and whatever was downloaded has rendered it useless. My one step update prompt comes up for password and whether I enter the password or skip it, the next box to come up is the quicken ID box which starts to appear and then the program crashes. I get the little bug report pop up following this. I have rebooted my computer, I don't know what else to try. I saw the workaround suggestion but am unable to get into quicken to try that .
    I have the Win10 built-in from Microsoft firewall and antivirus. I have no 3rd party firewalls or antivirus. This Quicken issue occurred immediately after the Quicken update that was pushed out on June 25, 2019. Quicken also crashes when performing 1-click update. I don't use my Quicken online account and find it annoying that it is required. Is there a workaround that allows 1click update without accessing my online quicken account, and therefore avoids crashing? I'd like to get 1-click update working again. Thanks for your help, Steve
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken will not function without logging into your Quicken ID account. If you're not using Quicken Mobile or Quicken on the Web, don't sync to the Quicken Cloud.

1. Close and reopen Quicken
    2. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    3. Click Sign in as a different user
    4. Type "yes" to confirm
    5. Click Sign Out
    6. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
    I can't sign out. Step 5 causes Quicken to crash. is there any other way to get 1click update working again until a fix for this issue is pushed out/
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is getting nuts - I'm staying on my R18.16 - until things setttle down -
    How can a professional company keep putting out software like this...
    It crashes with the installer and vendor -
    And now, since R18.16 - have gone thru..... .34, .36, .44, and now .52 -

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot the short lived .50!
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Steve CannonSteve Cannon Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken's regression test suite is full of holes!  And I refuse to use the web version or mobile version because they just add more layers of things to go wrong.  It's a sad day when you can't safely use something you pay good money for.  The first personal accounting start-up company that can import Quicken is going to get rich.
    Windows 7 - Quicken Home, Business, and Rental Property
  • cwsQuickcwsQuick Member
    edited June 26
    After updating Quicken on 06/25/19, my Quicken windows subscription would crash almost immediately after opening. The opening dialog box would start, but would not completely open before the app would crash and close. How do I fix this problem. The solution posted to a similar problem does not work since I am not able to get to the menu to edit the one-step update.
  • poseiden79poseiden79 Member ✭✭
    I have an issue following the most recent update patch to Quicken where I no longer have the ability to open my copy of Quicken without it running into a full crash every time. I cannot get anywhere. Within seconds of Quicken opening it will immediately crash out on me. Please help!!!!
  • leomooreleomoore Member ✭✭
    Exactly the same happening to me. I opened it, it prompted to update, which I allowed. From that point onward, I open it, and it crashes before I have time to move my fingers on the keyboard. I uninstalled it then downloaded Quicken 2019 and installed it. Absolutely no improvement. The application has been crashing every so often for a while, but now, it's constant. The work around described in the alert is impossible to execute in this situation. Quicken's testing protocols suck.
  • poseiden79poseiden79 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26
    They really do. I think their update patches your database file and makes the DB file the same version as the latest release. I have tired to install 3 older versions of Quicken that I still have and every time I launch following that, the crash still happens and Windows add/remove programs is still showing the file version to be 19.52. So nothing is working.
    I agree their testing and QA controls are not worth much at this point. My file is worthless right now.
  • KKHubbKKHubb Member ✭✭
    I tried the fix from this alert: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7855812/update-6-25-19-fix-for-crashes-experienced-in-quicken-for-windows-19-52-release

It didn't work, it also made Quicken crash. I hope the next release (that fixes this) is quick.
  • leomooreleomoore Member ✭✭
    I think I found a workaround. I renamed my Quicken .QDF file using File Explorer then I opened Quicken. Since it couldn't find the file, it opened the application as if I was going to create a new file. I then followed the instructions described in the alert update.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    Click Sign in as a different user
    Type "yes" to confirm
    Click Sign Out
    After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID

Once I did that, I was able to rename the file back to its original name and open it without Quicken crashing.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To revert to an earlier patch release, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install while disconnected from the internet, update by applying the appropriate Mondo Patch, and restore a data file saved prior to updating from the earlier patch release.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the appropriate Mondo Patch: https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows or http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

To prevent Quicken from automatically applying an update, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
This discussion has been closed.