Can't open Quicken after latest update

Saw the announcement that some users are experiencing crashes on latest update and they will fix in a future update; what does one do if the latest update doesn't even let you open Quicken and get far enough to do the proposed fix in the announcement?

(Can't post a link to the announcement because I am too new, Quicken has only be broken for a short time for me, guess I am lucky)
Tagged:

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About commenting on Announcements, they are generally closed so that they do not collect odds-n-ends comments and remain just that "an Announcement", not a bunch of opinions.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• tencenttencent Member
    My bad, I didn't mean posting a link to an announcement, i meant to this thread. Thanks for the link. I use it, eventually it auto updates, and then i can't open again. I am canceling quicken.
  • tencenttencent Member
    Ha, they deleted my thread asking what alternatives to Quicken are. So great. I have a work computer, it is blocking me from changing UAC, guess I am using Excel from here on out.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a work computer that is blocking you from changing UAC, how are you installing Quicken which requires Administrator privileges? 
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • tencenttencent Member
    It allows certain admin privileges (I have to enter my user name and password in each time I do something admin related) via BeyondTrust. However, going into UAC is flat out blocked.
    I don't see how it's Quicken's problem where you are running Personal Financial Software on a work computer that has limitations.
  • tencenttencent Member
    Interesting, a software that worked, that no longer works, where the solution is to install an older version of the software and block updates to the current version, but I can't block updates, because I can't control UAC, is a me issue, not a Quicken issue. Good talk.
    FWIW, I have Quicken Subscription R19.55 and earlier releases and haven't seen the crashing/freezing problems of other posters. 
This discussion has been closed.