Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

QWin budget amounts not being synced to mobile and web

Since QWin 2019 release 19.44 (as I recall), budget amounts are not being synced to either mobile or the web app. I noticed it when syncing to mobile and web took less time than in the past. My desktop shows budget data as it always has with no issues. Also, in the past I could select to include budgets in the mobile and web sync and that selection is no longer available.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Ken Templin

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with viewing the budget data in the Mobile and Web Apps and appreciate your taking the time to report this issue to the Community.

When the ability to sync budgets was restored to the Quicken desktop program and Mobile/Web Apps, the functionality was changed slightly and instead of having a drop-down window in the Mobile & Alerts tab, Quicken will now sync all created budgets automatically.

If you go to the Mobile & Alerts tab in the desktop Quicken software, what date is listed for the "last sync date"?

When viewing the synced accounts in the Mobile/Web app - are the balances and transactions correct?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Ken Templin
    Ken Templin Member ✭✭
    Sarah:

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue. I really do appreciate the help.

As you requested, the last sync date is June 28, 2019 at 6:49 and all Web App balances and transactions are in agreement with my desktop. Unfortunately the mobile version will not completely load this QWin file.

The inability to load this QWin file into mobile has been that way for over a year. All my other files including a QMac file with the same data load fine in mobile. I tried to resolve it last year but most were telling me to wait for a mobile update to resolve the issue. That did not happen in my case.

Thanks again for your help.
    Ken Templin
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @Ken Templin

Thank you for the response and that additional information, although I apologize that this issue has persisted for so long.

I'd like to look into this further, please open the QWin file in the desktop product and go to the Edit > Preferences > Cloud Accounts.

Hold down the Ctrl key and click on "Edit cloud account name" button while holding down Ctrl.

A window should open that lists the Dataset ID associated with that specific file - what is the last 4 digits of the Dataset ID?

Please also go to the Help menu > Report a Problem option.  In the window that opens, enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, mark the boxes for the following log files and when ready, click Send to Quicken.

Log Files to Select:

ConnLog.txt
    SyncLog.txt
    SyngLogOld.txt (if listed)
    QCSLog.txt

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can search for the report in the system.

Thanks again,

Sarah

• Ken Templin
    Ken Templin Member ✭✭
    Sarah:

I sent the files you requested and the last 4 digits of the dataset ID are 7328.

Ken
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi Ken,

Thank you so much!  I've reviewed the files and was able to confirm that the budget data is not being sent to the cloud from the desktop file at all.

I dug into this matter further and was able to locate a ticket that is currently "in progress" with our Development team to investigate and resolve this behavior.

I don't have an exact ETA on when the solution is expected to be released, but I can confirm that it is tentatively expected to be included in the R20 release.

Please be aware that if any issues or problems occur during testing of the release, the fix may be delayed to another release.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns the Community may assist with.

Thank you again,

Sarah

(QWIN-15086)
  • Ken Templin
    Ken Templin Member ✭✭
    Sarah:

Thanks for your help and status update. I am glad to hear it is at least an item the software engineers are working to correct.

Ken
  • Ralph Knox
    Ralph Knox Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Finally upgraded from 2017 to 2019 and am now revisiting areas that had not been working previously. Case in point, syncing current budget and getting seeing it on the mobile app. This has either not worked or not been available in previous releases. I recently created a new 2019 budget. One characteristic of my finances is that I have two sources of income: paychecks (summarized as net in the budget) and business income (gross income) from my spouse. This sets up fine in the Budget. However when I sync this to the cloud, only the Business Income shows up on the mobile. I have tried recreating the budget, resyncing, erasing my cloud data, logging in and out of the mobile app etc. Still, only business income shows up in mobile app.

Might this be another aspect of the problem identified here?
  • Ken Templin
    Ken Templin Member ✭✭
    Only certain accounts are used to capture actual income/expense and shown on mobile and the web. The QWin desktop version is more flexible and captures all activity. For example, my investment accounts include income and expenses but the actuals are not shown in mobile or the web. Also, QMac desktop does NOT capture activity from these investment accounts. As I understand it, the Q software engineers are working on these issue. I am not aware of their timing.
  • Ralph Knox
    Ralph Knox Member ✭✭
    Ken, presumably if you are using your checking account and you include it in your cloud accounts (both spouse and mine are same account anyway), then a paycheck (see attached) would be included in the mobile app?
  • Ken Templin
    Ken Templin Member ✭✭
    Yes, I would agree. If not, maybe there is an issue with the paycheck method. I have not used this method for my salary income. I would try a different method (like a regular deposit) to see if it is captured.
This discussion has been closed.