Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Dividend Reinvestment dollar amounts

patrick
patrick Member ✭✭✭
It would be nice to be able to see the dollar value of an investment's reinvested dividend transaction.  When Quicken automatically downloads my investment transactions, the register shows the security, a description (.118 shares at 152.881) and a memo, but no place does it give me a way to see the dollar value of that transaction, other than multiplying .118 x $152.881 = $18.04.  It would be nice to have this amount shown in the description or in a column within the register.
6 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• benashton
    benashton Member ✭✭
    I completely agree with patrick's comment. Furthermore, when I export a reinvestment transaction to a .csv file and open the file in Numbers, the no. of shares and the price per share are combined in a single cell under the Description/Category column. I can't even modify the spreadsheet to calculate the dollar value of the transaction without having to manually split the description into two cells.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @benashton In the transaction register, you can click on Columns and add Share, or Share In and Shares Out, so you don't need to parse that from the description. Not a complete solution, but it may help a little.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • benashton
    benashton Member ✭✭
    @jacobs Thanks for the suggestion, but it only gets me halfway there. When I click on Columns, I don't see Price per Share as an item to view in the transaction register. So I still can't export what I need to calculate the dollar value of the transaction. Is this correct?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Sadly, yes. :(  As I said, it may help a little, but you'll still need to parse the price/share out of the Description field.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993