Quicken servers having issues downloading GTE Financial and getting cc-501

Quicken has confirmed that Alert A-0464 has been issued and they are working on a situation where their Quicken servers are getting connection errors CC-501 to the GTE Financial institution. This started sometime the week of 6/17-19. As of 6/28 it's still unresolved. Expect next status late next week.

Best Answer

Answers

• avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    following topic
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Checked with Quicken today 7/1/2019 problem still not resolved. No ETA on a fix yet. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
  • nola0314nola0314 Member
    Once again GTE Financial is not updating in Quicken. Last time support fixed this they wiped out all my data. I don't think i should lose my data because Quicken corrupts it. All other banks are still updating. Please help me get this fixed without losing the data
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2

During One Step Update from Quicken on your desktop / laptop, if you get error CC-501 for all of your Express Web Connect - connected accounts from several banks while other bank accounts using Direct Connect or Web Connect work OK ...

Please do not use any "Reset CC Credentials" instructions found here in the Community to correct online banking errors.  Instead, please contact Support.
    Support has access to a tool that can "reset" the User profile internally on the server.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

In case of CC-501, 502, 503, 506 errors from a single bank deactivate all accounts with this bank using the same bank logon ID, including any old, long closed, hidden and forgotten accounts that might still be activated. If you miss one, the server involved in handling Express Web Connect - connected accounts will not start with a clean slate and you will continue to have problems. When done, restart Quicken and reactivate accounts.

To deactivate an Account

Go to Tools > Account List.
    Click Edit for the account you need to change.
    Click Online Services tab.
    If the account has been activated for Online Bill Payment, deactivate this service first.
    Click Deactivate button in Online Setup box.
    Repeat for any other accounts that need to be deactivated.
    Restart Quicken to make sure that the changes are fully applied.

To (re-)activate accounts for downloading

Create a backup of your Quicken data file. This is a restore point, should something go horribly wrong during the next steps.
    If you normally automatically accept downloaded transactions into your registers I recommend you turn this feature off now. The first transaction download after every activation will download 60 - 90 days worth of transactions into your account(s). Auto-accepting them will most likely create a horrible mess that's difficult to undo. You're better off manually reviewing and accepting or deleting this first batch of downloaded transactions, one by one.  Go into Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions. Remove the checkmarks from both "After downloading transactions" settings.
    Go to Tools / Add Account to reactivate the accounts. As you go thru the setup process, Quicken will identify all accounts it can download.
    Select an account type, e.g. Checking
    Enter the name of your bank and click Next.  Some banks have multiple choices, Consumer vs. Business accounts, Express Web Connect vs. Direct Connect. Be sure to pick the correct one.
    Enter your credentials, select Save this password (if using password vault) and click Connect.

You should now see a list of all accounts found at your bank that you can activate. If you are activating an existing account, make sure the dropdown button for that account says LINK. If it says ADD, change it to LINK and select the correct Quicken account.  If it already says LINK, click the button and select the correct existing account register. If you do not do this, then the account will be added as a new account instead of being linked to the existing account register.

Repeat this step for each account listed.
    Change ADD to IGNORE for any account on the list that you do not want to activate at this time. You can always come back and activate more accounts later.
    Click Next to continue.

• nola0314nola0314 Member
    I've already done all of the steps above. This isn't the first time quicken does this. As I mentioned, the last time Quicken Support made me create a new file and I lost all of my data in the "new" register. It was working fine until a week ago
  • canoe32canoe32 Member ✭✭
    edited July 3
    This has been happening since late June, possibly due to their changing from Visa to MasterCard and starting to do credit card processing in-house. You can download the WebConnect QFX file from their website and import into Quicken until this is fixed.
  • bizmailbizmail Member ✭✭
    The quicken server-side problem also affects accounts that don't have a credit card. Yes ofx Download from GTE financial is a temporary solution. Still awaiting resolution to server issue.
    edited July 3
    I agree. I have 5 GTE accounts, none will download from Quicken servers. Hope this gets resolved soon.
    Superuser UKR's instructions is unrelated to the issue as reported to Quicken support and derail's the purpose of my initial posting. I'm still awaiting response from support on this unique error on Quicken's internal server's concerning GTE Financial.
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Anyone have any news yet? I have 7 GTE accounts. The WebConect QFX workaround is a real pain. GTE doesn't offer enough applicable date range options for downloading QFX files.
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    This is still happening and Quicken support is STILL telling people to do the Deactivate/Reactivate steps. Apparently this only makes things worse since it overwrites the connection logs. After performing those steps my logs were sent to 2nd tier support only to receive the frustrating answer:

"Your case # was escalated to Online Banking Escalations to address the error you were receiving with your GTE Financial accounts, but the logs you've provided show an error that can only be resolved by the Quicken User in their file.

(from your OFX Log)

Error: api.database.account.notfound

This error occurs when Express Web Connect (EWC) activated accounts are deactivated by the Quicken User"
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16
    Hello all,

We still have an open alert with GTE financial.

This is listed as an ongoing issue.

I would like to thank you for your patience.

I apologize, but I am unable to provide an ETA but wanted to let everyone know that we are working on it.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856949/ongoing-7-16-19-gte-financial-returns-error-cc-501#latest

-Quicken Tyka
    A-0464
    -Quicken Tyka
    The problem may have been fixed. I just had a successful One Step Update of my GTE accounts this afternoon (July 9, 2019).
    I may have spoken too soon, it's July 10 and the CC-501 error is back. Updated three times yesterday as a test, and all were successful. Tried three times today and all failed.
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Same here. It worked one day after I did another disable/enable dance. Then stopped working a couple of days later.
  • deliusfandeliusfan Member ✭✭
    Tried the deactivation on ALL accounts this time. Now I have the "oops, we're having a problem" error after trying to "add" them back in and have Quicken link them. So now it won't connect with GTE at all.
    Quicken Tyka.. it's been another week. Do you have any news?
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, the issue with GTE Financial is still ongoing. There is no ETA as of this time, but we are still working on a resolution.

To automatically be notified of any updates, please follow this Alert https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856949/ongoing-7-16-19-gte-financial-returns-error-cc-501#latest.

We appreciate everyone's patience! 

-Quicken Natalie 
    -Quicken Natalie 

• kblair210kblair210 Member
    Anyone else notice this on the GTE site?

"Update: Some versions of online services including transaction downloads for Quicken and QuickBooks have been discontinued by Intuit Corporation."

So...
    that is wrong. I contacted quicken and they told me that GTE financial still had valid accounts and this was a server problem on quicken's side. I also contacted GTE and told them them that information was incorrect. Be patient. I'm 40 yr customer of GTE financial and quicken.
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Fortunately the manual QFX download and import still works. At least for now.
    > @kblair210 said:
    > Anyone else notice this on the GTE site?
    >
    > "Update: Some versions of online services including transaction downloads for Quicken and QuickBooks have been discontinued by Intuit Corporation."
    >
    > So...

I believe that has been there for some time and probably refers to the Quicken Interchange Format (QIF) that Quicken stopped supporting in the 2006 version in favor of their proprietary Quicken Web Connect (QFX) format.
This discussion has been closed.