Quicken new release does not save my preferences

Quicken has pushed a new release to me, and since then everytime i open Quicken, I have to reset all my preferences. I am on Version R19.52 and Build 27.1.19.52. Quicken PRemier for Windows.

Best Answer

• Jon FosterJon Foster ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    FYI - I chatted with Quicken Support. Once i "Super validated" my file, the issue was resolved. THanks for you help.

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Quicken\Config\QUSER.INI set to Read Only?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Jon FosterJon Foster Member ✭✭
    Greg_the_geek - indeed it is. Should I just uncheck the read only flag. Is it a bug in Quicken around managing that setting?
    I take that back. The read only flag was not set :(. I just closed and reopened quicken and the preferences are still not saved
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which preferences are still not saved?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which specific preferences are not being saved?
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
    The Account bar shows up on the left, and I move it to the right. All of my download preferences get overwritten. These are the ones I notice
    For what its worth, I'm not experiencing issue you have described and the position of the Account Bar is not maintained in the QUSER.INI file.

Are register transactions being saved?
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
    Yes, register transactions are being saved. THe other thing that happens is everytime I open up quicken I get the pop-up telling me about what I assume is a new feature...."" see into the future with reminders in the register"
    Another setting that keeps going away is setting up my register for 2-line display...
    If you haven't already, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update, and restore a datafile backup saved before you updated to R19.52.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken.

If the issue persists, I suggest you you revert to an earlier patch release, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install while disconnected from the internet, update by applying the appropriate Mondo Patch, and restore a data file saved prior to updating from the earlier patch release.  To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the appropriate Mondo Patch: https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows or http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

To prevent Quicken from automatically applying an update, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
    Well, I did the clean install, and the same issues continue :(

Your second solution seems untenable. I would lose a lot data entered, and I would have to do manual updates from this point on? Seems crazy. Any thoughts on how to get Quicken to fix my issue?
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
    Accepted Answer
    FYI - I chatted with Quicken Support. Once i "Super validated" my file, the issue was resolved. THanks for you help.
This discussion has been closed.