Exiting Quicken Canada Requires Two Exits ?

I've noticed something recently that I haven't seen before. I suspect this started following the Windows 1903 update. 

When I exit Quicken, it prompts to sync to the Cloud (as is normal) and completes but it doesn't exit. It sits there.

I exit again (from File > Exit) and it prompts again to sync and I say yes. It completes and then this time it prompts me to backup (I have that set) and when complete it exits properly. Just wondering if other folks here are noting a similar behavior - that to close the program requires two exits. Previously I only had to hit exit once. 

Running Window 10 1903 with Quick Deluxe (Cdn) 2019 Version R16.22 Build 27.1.16.22
It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. - Winston Churchill

Best Answer

• WarningU2WarningU2 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    It is stored in My Document\Quicken (E drive). The backup is stored on My Google Drive.

The behavior is intermittent. Sometimes it works as it always did ... exit > sync > backup > program closes. Other times exit > sync > nothing then I exit again > sync > backup > program closes. The issue started after the last update.

I'm not all too worried about this Sarah. It was a behavior I was curious if others were experiencing. I suspect the sync process does not register that it has completed properly "sometimes".

Please close the issue. I'm not willing to setup a new data file at this time. Thanks.
    It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. - Winston Churchill

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @WarningU2

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I attempted to replicate this behavior in my copy of Quicken Canada 2019 R16.22, but could not, I received the prompt to sync, followed by the prompt to create a back-up copy and then exits as expected.

Please go to the Edit > Preferences > Backup and let us know the number of times Quicken can be ran before prompting to create a backup.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • WarningU2WarningU2 Member ✭✭
    1 time
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @WarningU2

Thank you for confirming the current backup settings.  I tested again and still am unable to replicate this behavior.

May I ask, where is your Quicken data file stored at?  Is it in the default Quicken folder created in the Documents folder of the C drive?  Or in a different location, such as stored on a cloud solution like Dropbox or One Drive, a USB drive or external hard-drive, etc.

If you haven't yet, I would also recommend creating a new data file (for testing purposes only) through the File menu > New Quicken File option.

Does it still take 2 exits to close Quicken in the new file? Or does the sync and backup process complete and Quicken closes as expected?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • WarningU2WarningU2 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    It is stored in My Document\Quicken (E drive). The backup is stored on My Google Drive.

The behavior is intermittent. Sometimes it works as it always did ... exit > sync > backup > program closes. Other times exit > sync > nothing then I exit again > sync > backup > program closes. The issue started after the last update.

I'm not all too worried about this Sarah. It was a behavior I was curious if others were experiencing. I suspect the sync process does not register that it has completed properly "sometimes".

Please close the issue. I'm not willing to setup a new data file at this time. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.