One of my bank accounts not appearing

A couple of weeks ago my checking account stopped downloading from my bank. My other accounts at the bank are ok. I was using the Windows subscription version. I deactivated per the troubleshooting steps. When I try to set up the account again, all my accounts except checking appear able to link and download. If I create a new quicken file, the checking (and other accounts) are all available to download. I tried switching to the Mac version and have the same problem. Quicken chat support's solution is to create a new quicken file and start over which is not realistic and hours of work (as well as lost data). I have tried a QIF export and import and that seems to allow the checking account to be seen but I lose a lot of setup data. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello slip10. Appreciate your question.

The chat agent's request was partially correct. The request to setup a new file and set up new accounts is more of a check just to make sure that you can connect to those accounts in a new environment.

If that worked, then there could be an issue in the original Q file in which additional troubleshooting can proceed...

I would try the recommended test file and see if you are able to see all of your accounts in a new environment.

Let us know the results.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • slip10slip10 Member
    It does work in the new file. I can see all my accounts. Thoughts on troubleshooting the current file?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Slip10,

What program are you currently working on? Is it the Windows or the Mac?

Is it possible that the missing account has been linked to a hidden account?

Do these accounts all have the same log in?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • slip10slip10 Member
    I don’t think so. When I try to set up my checking account with the bank, the bank dies not present my checking account as an option to link to in my current file. All my other accounts are visible and are linked properly. If i set up a brand new test file, the checking account appears as an option to link to.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Slip10,

Thank you for providing that information.

Is this happening in the Windows or the Mac software?

What is the name of the bank that this account is associated with?

The original post mentions both programs, and the steps may differ from program to program.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • slip10slip10 Member
    Hi. It is happening in both versions - Windows and Mac. I have been using Windows running in Parallels (both up-to-date). I tried in the Mac version to see if there was a difference and the behavior is the same. The bank is Oak Bank WI.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @slip10

Thank you for that additional information, although I apologize that this issue is persisting.

I'd like to look into this matter further and review the internal communications between Quicken and the Financial Institution to determine if the missing checking account information is being sent by the bank or if there's an internal error causing the account not to appear.

Please go to the Help menu in Quicken for Windows and select "Report a Problem".  In the window that opens, enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, mark the boxes for the following log files and click Send to Quicken when ready.

Log Files to Select:
    ConnLog.txt
    ConnOLD.txt (if listed)
    OFXLog.txt
    OFXOLD.txt (if listed)

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know it has been sent so I can locate it in the system.

Please also let us know, when attempting to activate downloads for the account, are you going to the Tools menu > Add Account option?  Or using the "set up now" button in the Online Services tab of the Account Details window?

When first attempting to add the account in the Mac version of Quicken, was a new data file started?  Or was a backup copy of the windows file converted to use with the Mac version?

Thank you,

Sarah

• slip10slip10 Member
    Hi. I sent the logs. I believe I used the set up now option. When first attempting to link on the Mac version, I tested with a new data file (worked) and then by conversion of Windows file to Mac (did not work).

I have now had my bank create a new checking account for me and I am able to load that new account. This is a bit of a clunky way to solve my problem but I will just convert to the new checking account. I am back to using the Windows version.

Overall, I am pretty disappointed.

Steve
This discussion has been closed.