Error on Quicken server message when attempting to update accounts

Best Answer

Answers

• jll7033jll7033 Member
    edited July 1
     I am a decades long user and currently have quicken 2017 premiere (even though I upgraded every year or every other year, I want that to be my choice, I don't believe in the subscription model). For the last 2-3 weeks none of my credit card have updated either with one-step update or from withing the account. My brokerage accounts do update. All of the credit card accounts get the same error "Unable to update these accounts because of an error on the Quicken server." I do use the password vault , and i tried deleting it, restarting quicken and recreating it to no avail. I can log into the various websites, find the page for downloading, and that work, but it is very time consuming.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reset the Quicken ID associated with the data file:
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes to sign out
    5. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • jll7033jll7033 Member
    Tried that, no change.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you contact Quicken Support and request they reset your user profile: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • jll7033jll7033 Member
    That seems to have done it, thank you very much!!
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jll7033

I'm so glad to hear it and appreciate your posting back with the update and confirmation that the errors are resolved :)

If there is anything else the Community or myself may assist with, please let us know.

Thanks again!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.