Current versus Future Balance for Credit Accounts

Being a Windows Quicken user for close to 18 years, I'm wondering if it's ever been suggested to build in a product enhancement of display of CURRENT credit card balances, as opposed to Balance for all present & future (projected) transactions. i.e. I may enter "projected" transactions in the future, which always reflect as the current balance. That doesn't help me. I need the TODAY balance displayed, with the credit limit reflecting that amount.
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you click on the gear at the top right of the Account Bar and select Show Current Balance, it will show the current balance in all your accounts.

You can also see the current balance by going to the register for the account and looking at the number just above the blue line that marks today's date.

Or if you are downloading credit card transactions, you can look at the Online Balance, which is the balance of cleared transactions. 
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • BillQuickenUserBillQuickenUser Member
    Thank you, Jim - yes, I'm aware of that setting, but what I'm recommending is that the Credit Remaining balance be calculated based on the present balance, today. Case in point, I have my transactions projected out as much as 180 days on the "set it & forget it" type of transactions activity, including planned payments to pay down the balance. Therefore, the credit remaining balance displayed is never the true outstanding available credit balance.