"Update" button blacked out when trying to download bank account information

I am sure the correct answer is in this forum somewhere but I have not been able to find it. I tried various solutions but so far all have been unsuccessful. I have updated to the latest version, tried the Mondo Patch which will not work since I have the latest version. Unlinked and relinked my bank account. Turned off my virus protection/firewall while trying to download. Restarted my computer and/or Quicken many times through out these processes. Logged into the bank account throughout this. I've gone into the Online Center and when I try to update there I get "Some accounts for this FI are set up for Web Connect and have no been updated. Would you like to continue with a Web Connect download?" When I click yes, I get a prompt to open my bank account online and then nothing happens. I have recently taken a 3 year position as treasurer and really need this to work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! (Oh, and it's Quicken Deluxe 2019; R19.55 that I am using.)

Comments

  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What FIs are you having a problem with?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    Sorry; no clue. I get that error message only when I try to update in the Online Center. When I click YES I would like to continue with a Web Connect download, another tab is opened to my banks site, I log in, and then nothing happens.

    When I try to update any other way, I do not get that message.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you're experiencing: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854773/quicken-for-windows-users-unable-to-open-web-connect-qfx-files-after-r19-44-update#latest

    If you haven't already, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    No luck.... I went through these steps. Then I uninstalled again, ran the cleaner, turned off Defender, rebooted, installed again, and it still won't work. Any other ideas? I am very frustrated.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What FI are you trying download from?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    Iberia Bank. When I initially downloaded Quicken and connected it to the bank, it downloaded transactions. The next time I logged on, Quicken updated and the "update now" option has not been working. Thanks.
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    Any ideas ya'll? I am the new treasurer of a volunteer organization. I have spent way too much time off of (paying) work fighting with this and am so frustrated.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iberia Bank supports both Web Connect and Express Web Connect? How is Quicken setup to download transactions?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    What do you mean? I linked the bank to the quicken account and log in with a Vault password. Then I (attempt) to update manually through the Quicken app by either clicking on Update, or through reconciling.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go to the account register, you should see the name of the bank at the top left corner as well as some other information. Please post what it says.


    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    On the far left under ACCOUNTS is All Transactions, Banking and the balance, then a hyperlinked checking account number and the balance again.

    The rest of the screen looks like your screen shot except the bank name is just Checking 000000XXXXX. And there is no "Last download July.....(Direct Connect)" There is nothing in that place.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open the account register. Click the gear in the upper right corner and choose Edit account details. Click the Online Services tab and then Reset Account. You should then be able to click the gear again and select Update Now.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    Ugh. It didn't work. I do see that I have the option to switch from Express Web Connect to Web Connect (meaning I'll have to download a file from the FI to update my Quicken account.) If I choose that option Quicken will change the connection method from Direct Connect to Web Connect. I'd have to disable Direct Connect. Should I try that?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Direct Connect is the best connection method. What happens when you Update Now?

    P.S. Earlier I looked at Bank of Iberia and not Iberia Bank (who know there were 2 different ones?). Iberia Bank does support Direct Connect.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    phatcajun said:
    I am sure the correct answer is in this forum somewhere but I have not been able to find it. I tried various solutions but so far all have been unsuccessful. I have updated to the latest version, tried the Mondo Patch which will not work since I have the latest version. Unlinked and relinked my bank account. Turned off my virus protection/firewall while trying to download. Restarted my computer and/or Quicken many times through out these processes. Logged into the bank account throughout this. I've gone into the Online Center and when I try to update there I get "Some accounts for this FI are set up for Web Connect and have no been updated. Would you like to continue with a Web Connect download?" When I click yes, I get a prompt to open my bank account online and then nothing happens. I have recently taken a 3 year position as treasurer and really need this to work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! (Oh, and it's Quicken Deluxe 2019; R19.55 that I am using.)
    Hi @phatcajun ,

    Do you know what the differences are between the Connections to Banks?

    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank


    What type of Connection to Iberia Bank did you set up for?
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    Express Web Connect.
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > No, Direct Connect is the best connection method. What happens when you Update Now?
    >
    > P.S. Earlier I looked at Bank of Iberia and not Iberia Bank (who know there were 2 different ones?). Iberia Bank does support Direct Connect.

    The One Step Update Settings box appears with "Update Now" blacked out.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you use the Windows Snipping Tool to post a picture of the One Step Update Settings window?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    Let's see if I did this correctly...
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no accounts setup for online services. Go to the Iberia Bank account and try to Deactivate Online Services and then Activate choosing Direct Connect.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    Doesn't this mean I am connected?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it's connected but the account should be listed in the OSU window.


    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    Now I want to delete this whole thread. I look like a big dummy. LOL. I have updated, downloaded patches, used cleaners, backed up, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, unlinked, linked, in all sorts of combinations....maybe I never actually deactivated the account before. But this seems to have worked!
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not using Quicken Mobile or Quicken on the Web, I would suggest not syncing to the Quicken Cloud.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    I have another issue.... I was about to thank you both and sign off on this but thought I would double check to make sure every thing was working properly. Today I can't open quicken because a certain file needs to be "allowed" in the Security tab for that file. But when I tried to, there are no boxes available for me to allow anything. The "deny" boxes are all open though. Any ideas on THIS one?? Attaching the screen shot. BTW I am using Windows Defender and already had to allow access to QW.exe.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9
    phatcajun said:
    I have another issue.... I was about to thank you both and sign off on this but thought I would double check to make sure every thing was working properly. Today I can't open quicken because a certain file needs to be "allowed" in the Security tab for that file. But when I tried to, there are no boxes available for me to allow anything. The "deny" boxes are all open though. Any ideas on THIS one?? Attaching the screen shot. BTW I am using Windows Defender and already had to allow access to QW.exe.

    I suggest you exit Quicken and Billminder (if Billminder is running) and delete the QW.RMD file.  When you subsequently open Quicken, the QW.RMD will be recreated.  If you are using Billminder and have multiple data files, you will need to open each of the data files to enable Quicken to fully populate the reminders from each data file into the QW.RMD file for Billminder.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • phatcajunphatcajun Member ✭✭
    Hey Guys, I have been testing it and have been able to log on and update for the past few days. Hoping I have no more issues. Thanks so much! Going offline for a while to prepare to Barry. I REALLY appreciate your help!
This discussion has been closed.