Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Paypal Download

Paypal Download on Quicken Version 5.11.1 (Build 511.25673.100) on Mac. The download used to work. But now, when I try to download, it appears to connect but does not download any transactions.
I went through settings to reset connection. It accepted my UserID and Password. But when I try to download, it downloads nothing. It gives no error message either.
Since Quicken Mac does not even alllow import of Quicken file, I have no way to upload transaction to Quicken.
Please help.

Answers

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Mashru. Appreciate your question.

In order to fix issues with information not downloading, you might need to Deactivate and Reactivate your downloads for PayPal...

Please try these troubleshooting steps, and let us know if this resolves your issue.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • William
    William Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue this month on Windows.
  • Mashru
    Mashru Member ✭✭
    Dear Harod,
    As I mentioned in the original message, I had already deactivated and reactivated before writing the original mail. It did not help.
    However, I tried again yesterday with no new changes. It did download but only last ten days transactions. It would not download older transactions. And it did not give any error message.

For the time being, only solution I can think of is to try to download every week and hope the connection works.

In general, I find Mac Quicken to be full of bugs.

I can reproduce Quicken reports that omit certain transactions. An unsuspecting user could get in big trouble if he does not double check. I have stopped using reports and I download all transactions into spreadsheet program and do all my reporting from there. I can see a day when Quicken's utility will be too low for me to continue using it -- I have used Quicken for over 20 years.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Mashru. Appreciate your comments.

I did see the initial post and apologize for the repeated troubleshooting.

PayPal does have it's own internal setup with their transactions. At this time, I have not heard any updates regarding if PayPal will support QFX downloads.. 

We apologize for the inconvenience..

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Mashru Per your comment about reports missing data, I'd guess you're referring to a report or reports created with Category Summary on the Reports menu. That report has been known to be problematic since an update sometime last fall. Instead, re-create your report using New Report on the reports menu. New Report uses the new reports engine the developers have been building over the past two years. Aside from added types of reports and more user-customizability, these reports do not omit data.

Sorry I cannot provide advice on the PAyPal issue, but I wanted to suggest how to resolve your reports issue.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.