Prudential 401k transactions no longer downloading, but no error messages

I've been using Quicken to download my Prudential 401k transactions for a couple of years. Since late June 2019, transactions are no longer downloading.
The update gives no error messages.
I called Prudential and they don't recognize any issues on their end.
I'm using Quicken for Windows R19.55 build 27.1.19.55
Any suggestions ?

Best Answers

• Stephen FoxStephen Fox ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    For the record, Prudential downloads just started working again (July 20th 2019), with no changes on my side.... so Prudential (or Quicken, but more likely Prudential) fixed whatever issue they had....

Answers

• I_R_EngineerI_R_Engineer Member
    Is anyone else having issues with Prudential 401(k) not updating transactions during One Step Updates (OSU) in the last week or so?

A little background: I got a new computer last week and installed Quicken and copied over my data file. Everything seemed to be going just fine, I have had no other issues with OSU with other institutions. My Wells Fargo, Capital One, BOfA and Merrill Lynch (now that the OL-220-A issue is resolved) accounts update just fine AND download transactions. Meanwhile, my Prudential account *acts* like it is downloading transactions but it always shows 0 transactions downloaded and I don't get any errors; it even says the holdings match. I know that transactions have occurred both on 6/26 and 6/28...I can see them when I log on to the Prudential website directly. However, Quicken is not getting any info from the FI. It still thinks that the holdings are accurate even though I know this to not be true as of 6/26.

I have tried resetting my account only to be rewarded with a bunch of placeholder transactions because the transactions entered for 6/14 (my last bi-weekly purchase) are not matching with anything it has downloaded. Keep in mind that those transactions on 6/14 did in fact download properly back on 6/15.

I apologize if my question is in the wrong Category.
  • RickLeFevreRickLeFevre Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem
    I found out that Prudential Retirement only provides a faulty "direct connection" for transaction download to Quicken. Quicken can't fix the problem because it is a direct connection, and not an "express web connection".

Prudential will not give me an email address to send this matter to (they apparently don't do email), and their customer service just shuffles me around.

They did give me this snail mail address to send the "faulty direct connection"matter to:
    John Strangfeld
    Prudential CEO
    751 Broad Street
    24th Floor
    Newark NJ 07102

I did find one Prudential email for fraud matters, and I am going to send this "faulty direct connection" matter to that address.
    The "fraud" email address is:
    [email protected]
  • JohnwellerJohnweller Member ✭✭✭
    For the record I am having a transaction download problem with Prudential as well, sometime after my last successful transaction download on June 21. Also for the record I have tried the usual fixes with no success. There are no error messages.
    1) Update institution/branding.
    2) Reset account using automatic reset button.
    3) Deactivate and reactivate connection.
    You can send an email to Prudential - log in to your account, click on "view details", then at the very top header on right side click "contact us", select subject "quicken Microsoft money questions" and proceed. If I hear back I'll post.
  • Stephen FoxStephen Fox Member ✭✭
    I'm also having this issue. Problem occurred before June 21st 2019 (this was the first transaction date that didn't download to Quicken).
  • Patrick BimontePatrick Bimonte Member ✭✭
    I'm having the problem too, 6/14 was the last transaction download date.
  • I_R_EngineerI_R_Engineer Member
    Thanks for the feedback/updates everyone; I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I haven't contacted Prudential yet but I should probably do that. It may end up being a moot point for me after another month considering I just started a new job and their 401(k) is through Mass Mutual and I'll likely transfer my Prudential account there or to my ML IRA. (of course they have had issues recently as well).
    I have the same issue since my last successful download on 6/21/19. I have tried the usual recommended fixes with no success.
    1) Update institution/branding.
    2) Reset account using automatic reset button.
    3) Deactivate and reactivate connection.
    Also sent email to Pru but no reply. Last time this happened I had to set up a new account on quicken and transfer transactions to new account from old account. Not fun. See other post https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856182/prudential-401-k-accounts-not-updating-july-2019
  • Scott R. EliassonScott R. Eliasson Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. reset of account does nothing
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest contacting Quicken Support and have them look at the Quicken log files.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Lee EdwardsLee Edwards Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem with none of the usual fixes working as well. If you go to the online center the totals in dollar and shares owned are correct. It just doesn't seem the transactions are getting downloaded.
    Thanks,

Lee
  • ToddTodd Member ✭✭
    edited July 9
    Having the exact same issue with Prudential Retirement. 2019 R19.55 27.1.19.55 Quicken Premier Windows 10. Had been working fine. Transactions last downloaded and auto cleared with 6/14/2019 dividend reinvestment. Have had to manually add all transactions since 6/21/2019. Tried the same as John above to no avail. If I select Tools, Online Center, looking at the "Holdings" tab for Prudential Retirement, they have the updated shares/units and market value reflecting the current view on Prudential's own website but nothing in the transactions tab. If I select "Compare to Portfolio", I get the "Securities Comparison Mismatch" report and can create placeholder transactions if so desired. All transactions including those since 6/21 show on Prudential Retirement's website as well as in my financial advisor's website which is connected so they have the balance. Appears to definitely be a quicken problem.... Checked with Prudential and got transferred from person to person but no one knew of issues on their end. Really don't want to clear out the account and start over losing the transaction detail if this can be prevented. Will try to call Quicken Support over the next few evenings but hoping they resolve in the interim acknowledging some similar/unrelated issues with recent updates prompting the quick update for 27.1.19.55.

One additional test performed. Copied Quicken file to a Test file, deactivated account. Created brand new account, linked to/set up Prudential Retirement. The import pulled in some place holder transactions, various transactional detail up to and including 6/14/2019 but nothing more recent. Now really not sure if a Quicken problem or Prudential.
  • gxkgxk Member
    Same problem with Prudential. Transactions are not updating since 6/14/19.
    Somebody dropped the ball but no one want's to pick it up. 2019 R19.55 27.1.19.55
  • adorofyadorofy Member ✭✭
    My last successful download from Prudential was June 14, 2019. I have had transactions since then but they won't download into Quicken. No error messages; as far as Quicken is concerned, it thinks everything is fine. 2019 R19.55 build 27.1.19.55
    Talked with quicken today. Seems no issue with software based on troubleshooting. They recommended talking with Pru. Contacted Pru. No direct help but they will escalate. Also sent email with same info to Pru help. Suggest others do the same. More complaints will help prioritize. As usual banking hides their technology help behind a big firewall.
    I have been directed to a Bradley Farrey ([email protected]) to deal with the matter, and am writing him now with a reference to this conversation.
  • adorofyadorofy Member ✭✭
    I tried changing my Customer ID field in Quicken to SSN as suggested, but it didn't work for me. I called Prudential. Their Customer Service says they are aware of the problem, and looking into it, but don't have a resolution yet.
    called Prudential this morning. From the tech support person, my account should be switching to a "new" web site. It isn't and he thought that might be the problem. They will be looking into it. I'm on a 457 Plan with them.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Scott R. Eliasson   See this about "Refreshing" your branding.
    Pru MIGHT have notified  Q of the change ... but your copy of Q might not have picked it up yet: https://www.quicken.com/support/server-issue-troubleshooting

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    Thanks. I had tried that before and it didn't work. However, I tried it again and it didn't make a difference.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12
    You'll  need to  have "hidden  files" displaying in your Windows File Explorer for this  to work ... but  when you've  done so, search for "FIDIR.TXT", double  click on it to  open it in NotePad or WordPad (NOT MS Word) and then search for Prudential. 
    According to the info available to me, they should be downloading via  Direct  Connect ... which makes this ENTIRELY a Pru error.

Prudential Retirement - 401k/403b/457    https://www.prudential.com/online/retirement/    (800) 562-8838    http://www.prudential.com/retirement/    ACTIVE    401K&DIRECT
    Given  that several people independently report a last successful download on 6/14 reinforces that opinion.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • bobfalk12bobfalk12 Member
    I am having the same trouble (for a few weeks now) and will try some of the above suggestions shortly...
  • jcin617jcin617 Member
    Same issue as everyone else here; downloads stopped on 6/14; I've tried everything I can think of, and I've contacted Prudential, but there's been on response yet.
  • jeremywrightjeremywright Member
    I too am having the same problem. Downloads stopped sometime after 6/18.
  • jfclaguejfclague Member ✭✭
    I had the same problem but today it started working again.
  • Lee EdwardsLee Edwards Member ✭✭
    Just tried to update mine, and no luck. Glad it is working for some.
    Thanks,

Lee
  • mkennonmkennon Member ✭✭
    > @RickLeFevre said:
    > SUCCESS!!
    > After I sent the email to Farrey, I was poking around and found this:
    >
    > "For those having difficulty downloading updates and transactions from Prudential, after months of putting up with this and not being able to solve it, I changed the Customer ID field in Quicken to my SSN and voila! -- everything is working perfect again. It would seem that Prudential has great difficulty understanding and documenting their own design. Hope that is helpful to someone."
    >
    > I put my SSN into the Customer ID field and things finally downloaded!

I deleted my account and added a new one with SSN as you suggested and worked great. Thanks for the tip.