My Amazon rewards card download uses old balance.

Hi. I just had to reactivate my amazon rewards account to get the transaction to download. All transactions are fine but the account in Quicken will only reconcile if I un-check transactions that are more then a month old. Seems it's using an old balance to reconcile... Anyone else have/solve this issue?
Windows 10 64-bit 1903
Quicken 2019 Deluxe R19.55 via Subscription

Best Answer

• TimMarciniakTimMarciniak ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I ended up downloading the Qfx files for each of four statements and deleting the old entries already in my register. Afterward all reconciled to the online balance again. Much as I can tell a few registry entries subtracted on the register but not in the reconciliation process. Somehow the re-accepting or re-entry of new duplicate transactions reset everything. Account or transaction corruption of some kind I guess.
    Windows 10 64-bit 1903

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you reconcile the account register using account statements obtained from the financial institution.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • TimMarciniakTimMarciniak Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I ended up downloading the Qfx files for each of four statements and deleting the old entries already in my register. Afterward all reconciled to the online balance again. Much as I can tell a few registry entries subtracted on the register but not in the reconciliation process. Somehow the re-accepting or re-entry of new duplicate transactions reset everything. Account or transaction corruption of some kind I guess.
    Windows 10 64-bit 1903
This discussion has been closed.