Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do i get Quicken for Windows to work without the internet?

I have been using a new version of windows since last fall (I was using quicken 2012) and just realized that I can't use this new version without the Internet. I don't want to download anything ever, except for software updates. I don't use the banking download features. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jromih2018 ,

Unfortunately, you can't. I would reinstall Quicken 2012. Why did not upgrade in the first place?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21354.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.867

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• jromih2018
    jromih2018 Member
    Yikes, the only reason i upgraded was that my computer crashed and couldn't find CD from 2012 to reinstall and so I upgraded.....this doesn't make me very happy. I'm going to shop around for another software.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get a free copy of Quicken 2013 Deluxe from here.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • jromih2018
    jromih2018 Member
    Great but will I be able to convert my current files back to 2013?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    No, you would have to go back to your last Quicken 2012 data file.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jromih2018 ,

See this procedure to uninstall Quicken Subscription product:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7803899/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet#latest

Do not reinstall Quicken Subscription.

Then install Quicken 2013 Deluxe. Choose I'm upgrading and Restore your last Manual Backup file.

Before removing Quicken Subscription product, you need to print out the Registers from all your Registers, in order to re-enter your Transactions, manually.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21354.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.867

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• Greg_the_Geek
    Actually, your last Quicken 2012 data file should be in a subfolder of the Quicken folder. It should be named Quicken2012 if I remember correctly.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to use Quicken without the internet IF you disable your internet adapters.
    This does not mean disconnecting your internet cable or turning off your router, I am talking about going to the "Network and Sharing Center" and select "Change adapter settings" and disabling both the "Local area" and the "Wireless" adapters if present.
    Now, doing that may not be worth it to you, but it should allow you to run subscription Quicken.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited July 2019
    Well,  actually, since you haven't been able to use the new version that you purchased, I'll assume that you  haven't input any data into it.
    SO, Greg_the_Geek's answers are the  correct  ones for you.
    You can't go backwards  from Subscription to 2012 (or  2013) but that doesn't apply to you since you haven't any data that's ONLY in Subscription.
    Please give him credit by Clicking YES to "answered the  question" on his posts.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • jromih2018
    jromih2018 Member
    Thanks for the help everyone! I have been using the new windows subscription since last fall....going back to 2013 version seems to be a lot of work at this point so I'm not sure I'm ready to do that. Splasher, I tried what you recommended, but I can''t find where to turn off the wireless and local area adapters.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Just put Windows 10 in Airplane Mode.
This discussion has been closed.