Reconciliation

MammaGMammaG Member ✭✭
I love the Auto Reconcile feature and use it on all of my accounts where it is applicable.
However, once in a while, there are still some uncleared transacations.

To fix this, I have to hit Reconcile again, from the Register, and see what is uncleared.
I think it would be more logical to execute the Auto Reconcile and then, IF THERE IS STILL ANYTHING UNCLEARED, to automatically show that screen.
It would save this extra step.
My frequent input errors are:
1) inputting a transaction in to the wrong credit card;
2) inputting the wrong amount and then the correct amount is downloaded automatically.
The incorrect transactions hang out there until resolved.
Auto Reconcile is great but you can't go along blind and never check the uncleared transactions.
I love your products and am a user since about 1985 . . . a long time.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an easy alternative, just click on the CLR column header in that account, which will sort the account by CLR status ... with any uncleared (but not future-dated) at the bottom of the display, just above the line demarking the present & past dated transactions from the future dated ones.
    After you've looked at this, click on the DATE column header to put the register back in date order.
    Also note that you can click on those (and any other) column header a second time to reverse the sort order.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorting to find any uncleared transactions is helpful, but the issue I have with Auto-reconcile is that as @MammaG points out it can give you a false sense of security since you have to take an extra step to see if there are any uncleared transactions, like a check for Town taxes that went astray.

It would be nice if there were an option to have it stop with the Reconcile screen displayed if there are uncleared transactions. It would be even better and avoid false alarms if it let you specify a number of days that transactions could be uncleared before they are flagged.
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription