Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Import multiple QFX files?

Hello everyone, this is my first time using Quicken 2019. Is there an option to import 200 QFX files that I have downloaded through the years?

As soon as I select more than one, the import fails AND any future import fails (single file import). I have to quit Quicken and start it to be able to import one QFX file at the time.

Also, if I create an account by initially connecting to my bank, I am unable to import QFX files (even a single one). :|

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello DANosauREX,

Thank you for bringing your question to the community, although I do apologize that you have yet to receive a response. 

What version of Quicken 2019 are you currently using, and what is the financial institution you are attempting to import the QFX files from? Generally, there should be no limitations on how far back the date range can go on the QFX files you are importing, however, you may need to import them one at a time for it to be successful. 

Are you setting up the account with Web Connect in Quicken? And what happens when you try to import the QFX files one at a time? Does it try to create a new account in Quicken, or does the data populate into the original account?

If you have not already done so, please reference https://www.quicken.com/support/setting-accounts-quicken-mac for more information on adding accounts in Quicken for Mac. And you may also reference https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank for more information on connection types used in Quicken.

Let us know!

-Quicken Natalie 

• DANosauREX
    DANosauREX Member
    Hello Natalie,

I am using Version 5.11.1 (Build 511.25673.100) macOS 10.14.5

I think all that may be related to the fact that I tried to import more than on QFX file at one time. I really have to quit Quicken (not just close the window) and restart.

Once I try to import multiple files, the app just fail to do any further import.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @DANosauREX

Thank you for the response and additional information, although I apologize but you are correct.

QFX Files may only be imported one at a time into Quicken, and cannot be imported in multiples.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns that the Community may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    QFX Files may only be imported one at a time into Quicken, and cannot be imported in multiples.
    @DANosauREX reported is that it required quitting and relaunching Quicken between each QFX import to work. Is that really expected behavior?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.