Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to change my address that appears on paper checks sent from Quicken

How to change my address that appears on paper checks sent from Quicken

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Are you asking about the Quicken Bill Pay service by Metavante?
    In that case I believe you need to contact https://www.quicken.com/support/contact-quicken-bill-pay

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Extending UKR's remarks, you need to explain how that address gets on the paper checks ... because NO version of Q (Win or Mac), prints such.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • egghead24
    egghead24 Member ✭✭
    When I pay bills online from quicken through my Wells Fargo account the payee will receive a paper check if they are not set up to receive EFT. I called my bank and they said the address that appears on the check is controlled by Quicken. My Quicken account shows my current correct address but not what appears on the check.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a test, send an online payment from Wells Fargo Bill Pay directly and see what address is on the check. I believe the address is stored by Wells Fargo and not Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • egghead24
    egghead24 Member ✭✭
    Thank you . I will give that a try.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    And, assuming that you correctly posted  WF's reply, the person  that you spoke to  was  BSing you.  Banks  always tend  to blame  Quicken ... even  when  it's entirely the bank's fault ... as  this appears  to be.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • egghead24
    egghead24 Member ✭✭
    I sent a check to myself directly from Wells Fargo and the check had my current correct address on it. Still stumped.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, may we assume that ... question answered. The bank's bill payment system knows your correct address.
    Case closed?
  • egghead24
    egghead24 Member ✭✭
    Not closed. My problem is that when I pay through Quicken those checks have my old address on them. I was responding to Greg_the_Geek's suggestion to try send a check directly from the bank's online service to see if that's where the problem is. The test proved it is not with the bank. The problem must therefore be with Quicken or the interface between Quicken and the bank.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Quicken --> Edit --> Preferences --> Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts. Is the Contact Info correct? If so, have you tried deactivating/reactivating Bill Pay?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • egghead24
    egghead24 Member ✭✭
    Quicken --> Edit --> Preferences --> Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts. Shows my correct current address. I will try deactivating and reactivating Bill Pay. Thank you.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    egghead24 said:  My Quicken account shows my current correct address but not what appears on the check.
    I was reading along - and ran a couple of tests via my Quicken Bill Pay which is directly connected to my Chase checking account.  Paid myself 2 checks -
    The "return address" printed on the checks mailed to myself has 2 addresses -
    - the Chase mailing address, in the upper left corner
    - MY address, upper middle of check -
    But it would appear to be our address as listed as our Chase bank acct address

In looking at our Quicken ID Profile - that address is similar - USPS corrected,
    but the name is NOT the same format as printed on the top of the check.
    So - based upon comparing the physical check from Chase vs our Quicken ID Profile, which is different, the only other place is the actual Chase bank account.
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.