Can't download transactions from Alight Solutions

Alight Solutions forced users to change their passwords.

After changing my password on their website and deactivating and then activating One Step Update again for the account, I'm getting the error "You need login information from Alight Solutions in order to have automatic downloads in Quicken"

Prior to this I was able to download transactions.

The User Id is the Alight login hyphen Company Id e.g. MyName-01234 and the password is the same password as is used for their website.

Searching in this Community I see this issue reported time and time again, year after year, but even when the discussions are closed it seems to re-occur.

Any suggestions on resolving this would be welcome.

Best Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you to all who have submitted their log files via the Report a Problem option.

I've received and reviewed the files and confirmed that the same internal error is the occurring for all Users and originates in the login response from the Alight Solutions servers.

Error: 15500 is an invalid login error, confirming that the Alight Solutions server is not recognizing the changed password. 

Unfortunately, since the error originates in the response from the financial institution server Quicken is unable to directly correct the issue as we have no access to their servers, I apologize.

I would recommend that Users who are receiving this error contact the Online Banking team at Alight Solutions to provide your OFX Log and request an escalation to the OFX Support Team to correct the invalid response from the server.

The OFX Log may be found in the Help menu > Log Files > OFXLog.txt file.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes with the Alight Solutions Support Teams.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• rebel7580rebel7580 Member ✭✭
    My error return shows Quicken is trying log in to the (apparently now defunct) "hewlet.com" domain when selecting "Alight Solutions". So that's why the new login/passwords are getting rejected - it's to the wrong site.
    I don't see any place where I can update to the new web link locally, so Quicken needs to correct this.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to deactivate/reactivate your account?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12

Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/server-issue-troubleshooting

My list of Financial Institutions for Q 2019 shows:

After Refresh Branding and after deactivating all Alight accounts in Quicken use the Add Account process, as if you were creating new accounts from Alight. Once the accounts have been found, be sure to select LINK and then select the existing account registers to link to.
    Do be sure to have (or create) a backup of your Quicken data file before you start working on this ... just in case something were to go wrong ...

Since I deactivated and then tried to reactivate, but failed, Alight doesn't show up in the finanical institutions list. When I try to Add Account, select Alight Solutions, enter my login and password, it still tells me that I need" login information from Alight Solutions...". It also says in the dialog that "if you have any ?, please contact Hewitt." which of course is wrong. I know my new password works as I can manually log into my account using it.
    If I click on "Alight Solutions Customer Support", It tries to open a browser session to was4.hewitt.com, which fails.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To  ALL reporting this problem.
    Have you tried UKR's "rebranding" solution?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    I restored to yesterday's backup, which still had the Alight info intact, did the rebranding steps and but still had the same problem when trying to add an account with Alight.
    Quicken still references "Hewitt".
    Where did you find that link "Alight Solutions Customer Support"?
    Please  give  explicit  instructions, so  that I can try to follow it also.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @hughroche & @rebel7580

Thank you for taking the time to report the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I'd like to look into this matter further and review the internal communications between Quicken and the Alight Solutions servers to determine where the error originates.

Please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select "Report a Problem".

In the window that opens, please enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, mark the boxes for the following log files and when ready click "Send to Quicken".

Log Files to Select:
    OFXLog.txt
    OFXOLD.txt (if listed)
    ConnLog.txt
    ConnOLD.txt (if listed)

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can locate the submissions in the system.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Add 401K/403B Account->Select Alight Solutions->Log in on login dialog (check Save this password)->Connect.
    Next screen shows "You need login info..." Right under "Sign Up Now" shows "Alight Solutions Customer Support". Clicking this tries to open a browser session to was4.hewitt.com, which doesn't exist.
    Note also that just above the "Sign up Now" button is another reference to Hewitt, as I mentioned in my 1:34 PM post. So it seems Quicken doesn't have up-to-date info for Alight, even though I did try the refresh trick.
  • tlcareyintxtlcareyintx Member
    I am having same problems as well
    -->
    <OFX><SIGNONMSGSRSV1><SONRS><STATUS><CODE>15500<SEVERITY>ERROR</STATUS><DTSERVER>20190712164651.188[-5:CDT]<LANGUAGE>ENG<FI><ORG>hewitt.com<FID>242</FI></SONRS></SIGNONMSGSRSV1><SIGNUPMSGSRSV1><ACCTINFOTRNRS><TRNUID>D7B5FC80-7D4A-1000-9481-FF3EBE3C0026<STATUS><CODE>15500<SEVERITY>ERROR</STATUS></ACCTINFOTRNRS></SIGNUPMSGSRSV1></OFX>

When you go to seven.was.alight.com you
    rebel7580 said:
    Note also that just above the "Sign up Now" button is another reference to Hewitt, as I mentioned in my 1:34 PM post. So it seems Quicken doesn't have up-to-date info for Alight, even though I did try the refresh trick.
    That would  require a Login to  Alright ... which I  don't have.
  • TheWilsonsTheWilsons Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem.

I've tried... the Refresh Branding solution and making a New Quicken File and attempting to setting up the account.

I've just used the Help menu in Quicken to "Report a Problem" and send the requested log files with "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line.
  • hughrochehughroche Member ✭✭
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > Have you tried to deactivate/reactivate your account?

Yes - no luck trying that. I also created a new Quicken file and added the account from scratch - still no luck
    > @TheWilsons said:
    > I am having the same problem.
    >
    > I've tried... the Refresh Branding solution and making a New Quicken File and attempting to setting up the account.
    >
    > I've just used the Help menu in Quicken to "Report a Problem" and send the requested log files with "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line.

Thanks! Hopefully we'll get some help from Sarah on this issue when she examines the files.
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello @hughroche & @rebel7580
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.
    >
    > I'd like to look into this matter further and review the internal communications between Quicken and the Alight Solutions servers to determine where the error originates.
    >
    > Please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select "Report a Problem".
    >
    > In the window that opens, please enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, mark the boxes for the following log files and when ready click "Send to Quicken".
    >
    > Log Files to Select:
    > OFXLog.txt
    > OFXOLD.txt (if listed)
    > ConnLog.txt
    > ConnOLD.txt (if listed)
    >
    > Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can locate the submissions in the system.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Sarah

Done!
    Sarah - Sent you my logs. Last few transactions show the Alight activity
  • tlcareyintxtlcareyintx Member
    Sarah - I am having the same problems signing into Alight
  • QUserPaulQUserPaul Member ✭✭
    edited July 13
    @Quicken Sarah

I am having the same problem:

About 4 days ago Quicken One Step Update failed for Alight.
    I logged in via the Alight website and was forced to change my password.
    I changed the password on the Alight website
    I updated the password in Quicken Password Vault
    I ran Quicken One Step Update and it failed again
    I tried deactivating and reactivating and still no luck.

The error message is the same as other users are reporting:
    "You need login information from Alight Solutions in order to have automatic downloads in Quicken."

Quicken 2019, R19.55, 27.1.19.55 for Windows

Thank you
    > @NotACPA said:
    > rebel7580 said:
    >
    >
    > Note also that just above the "Sign up Now" button is another reference to Hewitt, as I mentioned in my 1:34 PM post. So it seems Quicken doesn't have up-to-date info for Alight, even though I did try the refresh trick.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That would  require a Login to  Alright ... which I  don't have.

Actually, I think if you put in "dummy" info for username and password, you'll probably get to the same dialog that has the "sign up Now" button ...
    Hi @Quicken Sarah

Have you made any progress. Please provide an update.

Thanks... @TheWilsons
    About 8 days ago Quicken One Step Update failed for Alight.
    I logged in via the Alight website and was forced to change my password.
    I changed the password on the Alight website
    I updated the password in Quicken Password Vault
    I ran Quicken One Step Update and it failed again
    I tried deactivating and reactivating and still no luck.

The error message is:
    "You need login information from Alight Solutions in order to have automatic downloads in Quicken."

Quicken 2019, R19.55, 27.1.19.55 for Windows

Thank you
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you to all who have submitted their log files via the Report a Problem option.

I've received and reviewed the files and confirmed that the same internal error is the occurring for all Users and originates in the login response from the Alight Solutions servers.

Error: 15500 is an invalid login error, confirming that the Alight Solutions server is not recognizing the changed password. 

Unfortunately, since the error originates in the response from the financial institution server Quicken is unable to directly correct the issue as we have no access to their servers, I apologize.

I would recommend that Users who are receiving this error contact the Online Banking team at Alight Solutions to provide your OFX Log and request an escalation to the OFX Support Team to correct the invalid response from the server.

The OFX Log may be found in the Help menu > Log Files > OFXLog.txt file.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes with the Alight Solutions Support Teams.

Thank you,

Sarah

@Quicken Sarah

Since this is a global issue impacting the Quicken platform for any user that attempts to login to Alight Solutions... it seems the most efficient action would be for Quicken to contact the Online Banking team at Alight Solutions and request an escalation to the OFX Support Team to correct the invalid response from the server.

It's hard to believe the official response is to have each individual user push this back to Alight Solutions. Just Sayin'
    Should not be about leverage, it's about customer service. We are paying for this product and it should come with some level of support from Quicken. It's bad enough that customers have to find software bugs.
This discussion has been closed.