Can I have multi-financial institutions within one account in Quicken

Can I have several different banks and financial institutions within one Quicken account, for example, Bank 1 with 2 checking and a savings account, Bank 2 with checking, saving and credit cards and Brokerage account with several accounts? How does the transaction download and reconcile work with the different institutions?

Best Answer

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.  An association is established between the account information obtained from a financial institution and a register in Quicken.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • Dave BachmeierDave Bachmeier Member ✭✭
    You answered my secondary question, but not the primary question about having multi-unrelated financial institutions within one Quicken account.

I am currently using different Quicken accounts for each financial institution, but it would be convenient to have only one quicken account.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11
    I have 7 different Financial Institutions within my primary Q data file.
    You might be  confusing Account with FILE.  One file  can,  and usually does,  support  MANY different accounts.
    And many of those Financial Institutions have as many as  3  or 4 accounts that  I download into Q.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.