Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Personal Notes Window

It would be nice to have a free text window for personal notes that users can add to the home page. From time to time, I have to solve a problem in Quicken (e.g. the persistent red flags that pop up) or unravel a discrepancy with some account balances, mismatched totals etc. A free text notes field would allow us to put a quick explanation in an upfront window to remind the user how to solve the problem or why the totals don't match.
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you press and release the Window key and then enter Notepad.
  • Debra Moss
    Debra Moss Member
    I agree with the above. I would like to have WITHIN QUICKEN the freeform note area that will save with the Quicken file. Sometimes I set stuff up, but then forget why I set it up that way. This reminder window would keep me from making goofs and also keep me from reinventing the wheel.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Vote on Ideas

A Community Moderator changed this discussion to an Idea post.
    Ideas are brought to the attention of the programmers for consideration.

If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count. Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.

Every vote counts!

• mdscott
    mdscott Member
    Greetings: Probably requested already, but I would love to have the ability to create notes within Quicken, not related to a particular account or transaction. Just a simple Tab on the Toolbar that opens a page where notes could be added & edited.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @mdscott

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add a personal notes section to Quicken.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~