Online banking issues

My bank just did a system update. I had to deactivate and then reactivate my checking account to get new updates. Worked great except I lost all my transactions from January-April 8th. April 9th - today posted but how in the world can I get January through April? Bank has no clue. Yes probably need
To change banks. Help please!

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you reactivated, did you link to your existing account or create a new account?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Donna DavisDonna Davis Member ✭✭
    My existing account
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12
    If you deleted the account register, I suggest you restore a data file backup you saved before you deleted the transactions.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
    Does Quicken only go back 4 months when I reactivated?
    I did do a back up before I deactivated.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12
    De- & Re- activate  should have no impact upon the  transactions in a Q account.  Can you elaborate upon exactly what happened.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    edited July 12
    Does Quicken only go back 4 months when I reactivated?

The financial institution determines the date range of the transactions available for import to Quicken.  
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
    So you mean the bank sets the date ranges?
    Ugh! I’ll ask them what date ranges they set.
    The bank determines how far back that a download request, originated from within Q, can  go.  30-90 days is customary, but a few go longer.
    Access  the  bank's website and see if you can arrange  a download from there.
    Sorry, but you can't restore ONLY this account. SO you'd have to re-obtain (download or manual input) EVERYTHING since then.
    Okay what can i do to restore everything back to like it was before they added their new banking system.
    edited July 12
    If you had only deactivated the Online Services of the account register, no transactions would have been deleted.  Again, if you deleted the transactions or the account register, I suggest you restore the data file backup.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
    Okay what can i do to restore everything back to like it was before they added their new banking system.
    Select File > Backup and Restore > Restore from Backup File...
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
    Do I do restore from automatic backups (shows 4 bank names) or do t restore from your backup?
    Do I do restore from automatic backups (shows 4 bank names) or do t restore from your backup?
    It's completely up to you.  Ideally, you would use the most recent data file backup you saved before you removed the transactions so that you would not have to reenter as much data.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
    Did you lose all transactions (after that date) in all accounts ... or only for that bank's accounts?  Answer this  before proceeding with ANY restore.

And, I'd be inclined to restore them in succession, starting with the newest and working backwards, until you find one that has the missing transactions.

This discussion has been closed.