Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

It was about 5 to 6 weeks back that My Bank America account would lock up every nite

tduvall
tduvall Member
Its been years for Quicken to finally figure out how to login into Bank of America for a 'Direct Connect' Mortgage download and do it successfully. Well its about 5 or 6 weeks ago I started having a fit with Bank of America and Quicken because one or the other screwed the process up. It started out that Bank America LOCKED my account because someone hit it multiple times. Guess what every time that you change your password you have to do the same for quicken. Which I have 6 accounts on Bank America so I Deactivate them thru just one account and then re-activate them again thru the same account. 5 of the 6 accounts work but the Mortgage account wont so I have to manually put in the username and password and it seems fine. Until the next day and all of my accounts are locked again. That went on everyday for about two weeks at which time I called the Tech Support of Bank America. The reason that I did that is they said that someone has a username that is close to mine and they are putting mine in. I asked them to do their job and and tell or teach that AO to use the right username. They said NO - I needed to change my username which I have had for more than 15years - so I finally did and guess what. Now it says that "you have no more accounts at Bank America-All Other States to Activate" How did I go from logging in and downloading the monthly to DOESN'T EXIST.

(edited)

Comments

• Michael Jones
    Michael Jones Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Still sounds like a BoA problem to me? Some banks have gotten picky about supporting Quicken downloads, forcing you to enable it or in some situations pay for it outright. I don't back with BoA, but did you try calling them back and making sure everything is setup on their end? Maybe changing your name reset some of those services?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

For whatever it's worth ... I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading.  (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here)

An online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+  you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not a Category.

Users of Quicken 2017 and older:
    If you want to have full control over both the loan account register and the payment transactions you need to set up your loan account as a "manual loan account" and use the Scheduled Reminder created by the setup process to record your payment transaction on or before the due date.

If you have already established a connected loan account and are having problems with it please take a look at this:

How to convert back to a manual loan

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7164936/faq-how-do-i-convert-a-loan-account-that-automatically-downloads-transactions-to-a-manual-entry-sc

This discussion has been closed.