Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Windows "Restore Down" screen icons not working

KarenH
KarenH Member
Restore down no longer works. It did a few weeks ago but not any more. This makes reconciling a bank statement non-user friendly. I spoke to a technical support person who said it might not be fixable. What????? It works in every other program on my PC.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Restore down and the Restore down shortcut are working fine for me:  Quicken 2019 R19.55  Windows 7
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    KarenH said:
    Restore down no longer works.
    Huh - just to clarify - what are you referring to...
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Echoing @ps56k's question, and adding "What does a restore have to do with reconciling?
    Do you, perhaps, mean downloading from  your bank into Q?  What bank (as shown in Quicken under TOOLS, Account List).
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    @ps56k and @NotACPARestore down refers to reducing a maximized window to its prior size and a non maximized window to a minimized window.  The shortcut is Window + down arrow.

The OP is saying the reconcile window may no longer be moved out of the way.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes - Windows screen terminology vs the hover over the icons....

the Minimize Window (the "line") ,
    the Restore Window (or Maximize Window, the "box"),
    and the Close Window the "X")
    never heard it referred to as "Restore" - since it really maximizes or goes full screen..
    And.... what would this mean as mentioned in the topic ..... "Restore Down"  ??
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ps56k , this is long-standing Windows terminology. I can see it visibly on ye olde Win7 computer.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    ps56k said:
    Yikes - Windows screen terminology vs the hover over the icons....

the Minimize Window (the "line") ,
    the Restore Window (or Maximize Window, the "box"),
    and the Close Window the "X")
    never heard it referred to as "Restore" - since it really maximizes or goes full screen..
    And.... what would this mean as mentioned in the topic ..... "Restore Down
    ??
    @ps56k:

The Restore Down icon appears on a Maximized window (hover over the double box).

Reconciling to a bank statement opens a window.  If the window size can no longer be reduced or minimized as it could be previously, you should be able understand why that would be an issue.

I suspect the maximized window is set back to the normal window but the normal window size is equivalent to maximized window.  This could be a variation on the Quicken doesn't remember prior windows sizes and positions issue that was raised by a few users when the .Net dependency was removed in R19.44.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    tnx again - I never run any task at full screen - so I can always click "off screen" -
    Everything was ok just now on our R18.16 - as the Reconcile opens at normal, can Max, and then Restore - still waiting on verdict for R20.xx installs.
    Wonder if the window issue is only on the Reconcile, or other similar sub-window situations..... guess a Quicken R20.xx user would have to walk thru all the scenarios

[EDIT] Also updated the topic title to reflect actual discussion.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps56k said:
    tnx again - I never run any task at full screen - so I can always click "off screen" -
    Everything was ok just now on our R18.16 - as the Reconcile opens at normal, can Max, and then Restore - still waiting on verdict for R20.xx installs.
    Wonder if the window issue is only on the Reconcile, or other similar sub-window situations..... guess a Quicken R20.xx user would have to walk thru all the scenarios
    I run many tasks at full screen.  I have no need to click "off screen". 

• KarenH
    KarenH Member
    "Restore Down" is the Windows terminology for reducing the window to a smaller size, and can be then sized to whatever works best. I use it for reconciling so my Quicken screen is half the view, and then do the same on my bank statement pdf so the register and statement are side by side. This makes reconciling easier; the reconciliation window can be moved as necessary and is not an issue. Since this is not working on my PC, it is not as easy to reconcile. I have Quicken 2019 R19.55 Windows 7, subscription.
    Thank you for the tip for "off screen," which is a work-around. I was not aware of this.
  • I'm still seeing minimize/restore issues after upgrading to R20.15. Same behavior as I posted (with screenshots) in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854859/display-issues-after-19-44-update
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darren said:
    I'm still seeing minimize/restore issues after upgrading to R20.15. Same behavior as I posted (with screenshots) in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854859/display-issues-after-19-44-update
    @Darren If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20014745  
  • > @Sherlock said:
    > Darren said:
    >
    >
    > I'm still seeing minimize/restore issues after upgrading to R20.15. Same behavior as I posted (with screenshots) in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854859/display-issues-after-19-44-update
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @Darren If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20014745  

Yeap, that looks like the same issue I'm seeing...
This discussion has been closed.