Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken R20.15 update removed Transfers in my Budget

2»

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am finding that transfers previously included in the budget are now excluded after the update  Then when I select the ones I want included, budget amounts show up for July on that were never there before.  

Really disappointing and I believe relatively unprecedented to see program updates affecting user data.  NOT GOOD!
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭
    Thanks to those confirming this issue. The cause of the problem appears simple: quicken programming errors. Hope they get it fixed soon and workaround tips are handy.
  • lbraden3663
    lbraden3663 Member
    edited July 2019
    I spent several hours a few weeks ago, updating my budgets after quicken changed them out of the blue - We are on a tight budget and I am religious about keeping one for the whole year. Every time I open my quicken file they are messed up again. Somehow quicken has decided that my transfers out don't need to be checked anymore? This is getting old fast. I fix they break. Any advice?
  • mls
    mls Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I was looking at all three budget 'report' options, the Planning budget, the Budget Report available through Planning, and the 'did I meat my budget through the Reports tool.
    At lease in R19.44 my entire payment amount showed up, not in the interest tracking category, but the total payment (principal and interest) showed up as payment so the bottom line was okay, just the budget categories were incorrect.
    Now the payment portion towards principle is correct, but the interest portion isn't reflected in the interest category. Strangely enough, when I click on the 0 in actuals, it shows the history of the interest payments, it just won't show them in the report.
    I have downloaded everything I can, I have closed and reopened Quicken, tried using Actuals only and going back a couple of years.
    Please tell me what more I could/or should be doing?

(edited for readability)
  • Donna5020
    Donna5020 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I'm having the same problem. I'm preparing to report on the budget for the small nonprofit where I'm the treasurer. Report done yesterday is fine, today it won't expand all or allow me to click on an actual to see the transactions. Switching to budgeted only is different but still not the way it used it be. Very frustrating! Q: don't fix what ain't broke.

How do I back out the R20.15 update?
  • Bananabowl
    Bananabowl Member ✭✭
    I am also experiencing this issue. I fixed the missing budget items (transfer categories) in my budget, but my budget report still isn't reporting on transfer categories, and I haven't figured out why. It really bugs me when Quicken messes with the Budget features. I should be able to control this, and not have Quicken programmers decide to undo settings that I made when they publish an update.
  • Why are my "actual" numbers not printing on my 2019 budget comparison report but do print on my 2018 when both are set up identically with advanced options having selected "include all" under transfers and "budget only" under categories? Budget numbers show on both year reports.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited July 2019
    Hello mls,

I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We are receiving reports where Users are still experiencing problems with the Budget and Budget Reports after the R20.15 update release. 

I am merging your post with another ongoing thread regarding this issue. Here is the link for that thread: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856910/quicken-r20-15-update-removed-transfers-in-my-budget/p1.

You can follow along with the discussion and receive updates regarding the issue as they develop.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie 

• mls
    mls Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the response.
    Sarah requested a "Sanitized Data File" be sent to Quicken. How does Quicken define "sanitized." What about all of my bank details, names, account numbers, and passwords? I don't see how I can trust Quicken to properly "sanitize" my data when you can't even accurately post my transactions.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello TumcTreas,

I apologize that you have not yet received a response. 

I am merging your post with an ongoing thread regarding this issue. You will then be able to follow along with other users that are experiencing the same types of problems with the R20.15 update release.

The link for the new thread is here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856910/quicken-r20-15-update-removed-transfers-in-my-budget/p1.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• mls
    mls Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I just found another problem.
    My groceries total is under the allocated budget, and it seems to be recorded correctly for each month. ( It is a rollover budget category.) But the YTD balance shows negative, it shows the total Actuals as if there were no monthly budget.
    I am so frustrated!!! What other categories are wrong?

I have used Quicken for over 20 years and never had these kind of issues (well none that I knew of). [rant redacted]
  • Redhedge
    Redhedge Member
    This is so disappointing. Quicken has truly slumped to a new low. It seems unprecedented to have these continuing problems with updates. For me it started with the 2013 budget format changes, took me a long time before I had it all worked out the way I wanted with the 'new way.' But at least I could keep it that way for a few years before 'having' to upgrade and risking new changes to learn. I held out on 'subscribing' for that exact reason. And now I've braved just two upgrades only have it result both times with my details overwritten and again - must figure out why things changed like they did, and re-do it. A recommendation if this is not already available (haven't found that it is) - make it so we can RESTORE the prior version!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redhedge said:
    This is so disappointing. Quicken has truly slumped to a new low. It seems unprecedented to have these continuing problems with updates. For me it started with the 2013 budget format changes, took me a long time before I had it all worked out the way I wanted with the 'new way.' But at least I could keep it that way for a few years before 'having' to upgrade and risking new changes to learn. I held out on 'subscribing' for that exact reason. And now I've braved just two upgrades only have it result both times with my details overwritten and again - must figure out why things changed like they did, and re-do it. A recommendation if this is not already available (haven't found that it is) - make it so we can RESTORE the prior version!
    To revert to an earlier release, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install while disconnected from the internet, update by applying the appropriate Mondo Patch, and restoring a data file saved prior to updating from the earlier patch release. If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the appropriate Mondo Patch: https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows or http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

To prevent any automatic software updates, set your Windows UAC setting appropriately.
  • Redhedge
    Redhedge Member
    Sherlock - Thanks for your suggestion, I managed to re-enter my budgets before reading your answer today. Now I'll make sure to save copies of my reports, screenshots, etc., and I'll know how to go back next time if needed. Really hope they just get it fixed!!
  • I spend hours tweaking my budget....only to have R20.15 wipe out all the transfers...after the last update...I took to literally typing everything into an Excel Program monthly so I know what went where.
    I have been with Quicken for over 25 years with a desktop version, now the newer membership and have begun looking at other products simply because of the updates "messing with me".
    I love your product, but the updates are simply killing me.
  • alc-va
    alc-va Member
    Several weeks ago I upgrade to Quicken Deluxe 2019, ver R20.15, Build 27.1.20.15. Not surprising, I'm not a happy a happy camper. I want to modify my current budget. I followed the instructions I found at www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-create-budget-reports-and-graphs with one BIG problem: I don't have a Planning tab and can't find it. Eventually, I went to the Home tab where I found Budgets and clicked on the Go to the Full Budget link and nothing happened. I expected to be able to modify my budget. Unfortunately, just another case of exasperation.

Suggestions?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    alc-va said:
    Several weeks ago I upgrade to Quicken Deluxe 2019, ver R20.15, Build 27.1.20.15. Not surprising, I'm not a happy a happy camper. I want to modify my current budget. I followed the instructions I found at www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-create-budget-reports-and-graphs with one BIG problem: I don't have a Planning tab and can't find it. Eventually, I went to the Home tab where I found Budgets and clicked on the Go to the Full Budget link and nothing happened. I expected to be able to modify my budget. Unfortunately, just another case of exasperation.

Suggestions?
    To view the planning tab, I suggest you check Edit > Show Tabs and Edit > Tabs to Show > Planning

If you're still not able to access the Budgets view on the Planning tab, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken.

If the issue persists, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • Breh
    Breh Member ✭✭
    Same as the rest... I'm missing my entire Budget!!
This discussion has been closed.