Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Error: Unable to initialize Quicken run-time components - R20.15

ghoehl
ghoehl Member
Loading Quicken causes the following error:

Unabble to initialize Quicken run-time components
Restart Windows and try running Quicken again.

if the problem persists, please visit Quicken.com/Support
Tagged:

Comments

• mscheck1
    mscheck1 Member
    Restarted windows and quicken but get the same message.
  • Tomboy1941
    Tomboy1941 Member
    edited July 2019
    On loading Quicken I get the message, "Unable to initialize Quicken run-time components. Restart Windows and try running Quicken again." I have restarted Windows twice to no avail. I need to access Quicken as soon as possible.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Uninstall / QCLEANUI / Reinstall

Please follow this procedure, using a Windows User Account with full Administrator privileges:
    http://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
    If you have previously used this procedure and have the cleanup programs already on your hard drive … please download them again to obtain the most recent version.
    When done, reboot your computer and then reinstall Quicken from your CD or saved downloaded installation file or your account at quicken.com and allow it to update to the latest available patch release level.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Has Q previously run on this PC?  What's changed since then?
    And, have you tried contacting Support?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you restarted Windows? There's been a lot of Windows 10 updates lately. If it still happens, you can use QCleanUI to uninstall/reinstall Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Jim Bedient
    Jim Bedient Member
    After updating to the R20.15 release today I am unable to open Quicken on one of my PCs. Did not update on another so I still have access. Receive message "unable to initialize Quicken run-time components". Restarted Windows, no help. Uninstalled Quicken, ran QCleanUI.exc and reinstalled Quicken again. Still receive the same message as above. Help...Jim
  • System
    System Member ✭✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken for Windows R20.15 still clobbers budget categories.