Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Employer Match Issues

Hello Quicken Community,

I ran into a problem with Quicken 2017 for Windows and wanted to pass along the solution. I had a number of Paychecks that were reconciled in my checking register. When I went to reconcile my 401(k), I found that the Employer Match numbers were wrong. However, when I edited the Paycheck and updated the Employer Match, the deposit amount in the register decremented by the total amount of the Employer Match. When I went back into the Paycheck to see if I fat fingered something, I saw that the Deposit amount in the Paycheck still showed correctly.

To fix the problem, I had to update the Employer Match to zero, save the Paycheck transaction, go back into the transaction to update with the correct Employer Match and save it again. This is definitely a bug -- probably a hidden transaction not getting triggered properly. I figured it out myself while I was on the phone with support and thought I would post it here in case anyone else ran into the same thing.

Thanks,

Marc

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello mcaruso24,

Thank you for bringing this feedback to the community! We appreciate you taking the time to do so, as it very well may help other users who are experiencing the same type of issue. :smile:

I'm glad you found a workaround! Let us know if you run into any more issues, or if you have any questions.

Thanks!

-Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.