Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Matching Credit Card Payments w/ Accounts

Quicken used to offer matching transactions when it saw that a bank account debit was a payment for a credit card account - but it no longer does... Bug or feature???

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Do you have a manual transaciton in your Quicken file for the payment of the credit card from your checking account? If so, when you download the payment from your bank, you can drag it over the manually-entered transaction, and Quicken will merge them.

If that's not what you're referring to, please elaborate on what you're doing and expecting Quicken to do.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • HansT
    HansT Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your reply.

Neither transaction is manual. Both are downloaded automatically.

In the past, the first transaction to show up would usually be the credit card payment, which would post to my credit card account ledger.

Then, usually a day later, the matching outgoing payment transaction would post to my bank checking account.

In the past, when I would then enter the "Category" for that bank checking accoutn transaction, Quicken would pop up a window that said Quicken had found a "Matching" transaction, and would I like to confirm that. I'd click "Okay" and, boom, the transactions would get matched.

Since one or two updates ago, Quicken no longer pops up that window offering to match the transactions.

I hope that's clearer...