Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to Change Order of Categories in Budget Annual View Display?

Can anyone tell me how to rearrange the order of item categories in the annual view of Budget? Thanks for any suggestions!

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would you like to achieve? Can you provide some more details, please?
    At this time, Income category groups show before Expense category groups.
  • henchm
    henchm Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your prompt replies. I am using Category GROUPS. The "Car" category group used to display on top (first) but after adding another category to the "Car" group the entire category group now displays at the bottom of the list and "Charities" now displays as the top category group. (I had previously thought they were alphabetized but this is not what I am seeing.) All groups contain only expenses.
  • Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    If you want to group categories, you have to use "Subcategories" under one group. They will stay together by alphabetical order, first of the group and than for each group.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the
    your Category List showing all columns for the categories in question and the Budgets view showing the same categories, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. At the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• henchm
    henchm Member ✭✭
    Thank you Valderi AND UKR. I follow what you each have said. It looks like the "category" I added to the GROUP Car was a transfer type (not income or expense explicitly). That is when the rearranged order of groups occurred. Unfortunately now even removing the newest transfer type category item from the Car group will not result in realphabetization of Car back to the top. In either case the numbers still work in the budget sheet and I will live with that for now. Thank you especially to UKR for the detailed instructions on posting a photo screen shot. Will defer that for now, however. Thank you both again!
This discussion has been closed.