Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

"Ignore This Reminder" Not Working in Quicken 2019 R20.15

Frank38
Frank38 Member ✭✭
Stopped working apparently after Windows 10 upgrade to 1903. How to fix? I already reapplied the latest full patch and validated as mentioned on this community. Seems like this is a recurring issue from previous builds.

Best Answer

• Frank38
    Frank38 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    > @Sherlock said:
    > If this is a repeating reminder, it is possible the reminder was also due in a prior month.  To confirm, you would have had to edit the reminder to check the Due next on: date.  If you repeatedly select Ignore eventually, you should eventually catch up or you may simply edit the Due next on: date.

I tried multiple ignores and it didn't clear the one I was ignoring.

> @ps56k said:
    > [EDIT] updated the topic title to reflect the actual question - for other users -
    > -- "Ignore This Reminder" not working

Thanks!

I edited the Scheduled Bill and Reminders and pushed the due date out to the next month. I tried to ignore that one and no go. I was able to ignore a different reminder successfully. I guess there is something amiss with that one. I'll probably just delete is and recreate it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Please explain what "Ignore not working" means.
    Are you able to open Q? 
    Are you able to open Q while holding down the CTRL key (which should cause Q to open to a nearly blank screen)?
    After getting that nearly blank screen, can you do FILE, Open Quicken file ... and select your Q data file from there?
    What is the FULL path and name to your Q data file ... starting with the drive letter and ending with .QDF?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Frank38
    Frank38 Member ✭✭
    Additional information...

While viewing the Calendar and selecting a date that has an outstanding scheduled transaction due, the "Transactions Due" window opens. When you want to skip this transaction because there is a zero balance due, quicken has an "Ignore" button (they used to call it "Skip") which allows you to skip the selected transaction for the current month. When selecting "Ignore", the "Ignore This Reminder" window opens. When selecting the "Ignore" button, nothing appears to happen and the transaction does not get ignored as previously. It is not working.

Not sure when this started, but I suspect it did with the 1903 Windows 10 upgrade. Regardless I am not able to skip or "Ignore" a zero balance transaction.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is a repeating reminder, it is possible the reminder was also due in a prior month.  To confirm, you would have had to edit the reminder to check the Due next on: date.  If you repeatedly select Ignore eventually, you should eventually catch up or you may simply edit the Due next on: date.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    [EDIT] updated the topic title to reflect the actual question - for other users -
    -- "Ignore This Reminder" not working
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you able to successfully work with other transactions? Add new ones, edit other ones, even create a test transaction and delete it?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Still on Windows 10 Home - 1803 - (have not installed 1903)
    Just tried it on a Past Due entry - R20.15 -

worked as it should.... for me -
    also just tried it on a Future Due entry -
    via Calendar - click date - select transaction - Ignore - gone

BTW - tnx for the mention of the Calendar View - didn't really use it...
    now I added it to my toolbar.... had to customize to remove the investing accounts.

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Frank38
    Frank38 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    > @Sherlock said:
    > If this is a repeating reminder, it is possible the reminder was also due in a prior month.  To confirm, you would have had to edit the reminder to check the Due next on: date.  If you repeatedly select Ignore eventually, you should eventually catch up or you may simply edit the Due next on: date.

I tried multiple ignores and it didn't clear the one I was ignoring.

> @ps56k said:
    > [EDIT] updated the topic title to reflect the actual question - for other users -
    > -- "Ignore This Reminder" not working

Thanks!

I edited the Scheduled Bill and Reminders and pushed the due date out to the next month. I tried to ignore that one and no go. I was able to ignore a different reminder successfully. I guess there is something amiss with that one. I'll probably just delete is and recreate it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.