Allow resizing fields (Tag, Memo/Notes, Category, Transfer) while viewing a transaction split

John C.John C. Member ✭✭
edited November 15 in Product Enhancements (Mac)
The tag field, as well as the transfer window, category window and Memo/notes field, are all too small when you are looking at the details of a split transaction. All of those fields need to be wider or able to be re-sized.
Tagged:
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21
    I agree! I'll make a "friendly amendment" to add that it would be good if the fields in the split honored which columns are viewable or not (e.g. if a user has Tags or Memo/Notes hidden in a register, they should be hidden in the split as well). It would be best if the fields in the split followed the column order as well as width as the user has set in the register.

The split window is a carryover from the 2010-era Quicken Essentials. I suspect it would actually require work to re-write to implement any/all of these changes. The developers have generally focused most of their efforts on adding features which are completely missing from Quicken Mac, rather than making small aesthetic and functional enhancements to features which already exist. Hopefully they'll be able to have a User Interface developer tackle this idea.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @John C. I asked a moderator to move this post to the Mac Product Ideas category, which enables the voting feature on this site. In the blue box above, click the small gray arrow under the vote count to register your vote for this idea. The more votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is to grab the attention of the developers.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15

For this, you can add your VOTE to Show/Hide columns in splits.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a few seconds for your vote to register).

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs: