Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Income/Expense Monthly Chart does not match Examine Your Spending Chart figures for same period

:# Income/Expense Monthly Chart does not match Examine Your Spending Chart figures for same period. Inc/Exp Bar Chart vs Examine Your Spending Chart for the same month = figures are not identical. WHY? I have ALL ACCOUNTS included. Is it not calculating with the same days? I request "Last Month" on both charts and the figures do not jive. "'Splain me, Lucy!"
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not exactly sure what you're comparing to what here - I couldn't find charts with the exact names you've used - but one place some differences can creep in between your "real" spending, (i.e., Reports > Spending > Income and Expense by Category), and the pie chart that comes up when you click on the "Spending" tab is that the Spending tab pie chart excludes expenses that have been recorded in Investment Accounts using the "MiscExp" action.  There's no underlying logic to excluding expenses recorded that way, it just seems to be a bug.