Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

PayPal CreditCard stopped downloading

PayPal credit card stopped downloading. I've tried everything including removing the automated update and then when I tried to set it up again, I find that the credit card is no longer listed in the accounts available for download and only the PayPal account itself and the PayPal line of credit are the accounts listed as available for downloads. I have tried calling Quicken customer service and they were just rude and provided ZERO support or suggestions. I've also tried contacting the bank but no luck there either. At least the bank attempted to help which is more than I can say for Quicken customer support.

Comments

• brettr
    brettr Member ✭✭
    Paypal use to download intraday. Now it is taking three days to get anything from them. I'm manually entering it to avoid the delay. Any one else experiencing this?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you contacted the real Quicken Customer Support? There are many scammers masquerading as Quicken Support.

I tried adding a PayPal Credit Card and see it still listed.

What version of Quicken are you using? Help --> About Quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Theresa Adams
    Theresa Adams Member ✭✭
    Unless the support info provided inside the Quicken program itself has been hacked and replaced with false contact info I would say yes, I contacted the REAL quicken support.

Yes, the card is listed in the bank list but when you add it, it only shows options for the PayPal account itself and the paypal line of credit account. It does NOT show the PayPal Mastercard account as an option for linking. It used to work then one day just stopped working and had been broken for 2-3 months.
  • Theresa Adams
    Theresa Adams Member ✭✭
    I am using the latest version of Quicken for Mac.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Then why did you select a Windows category? 
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi @""Theresa Adams" ,

See this post: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7803899/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet#latest

I wonder if you did not tell Quicken Support, which Quicken you are running and the operating system, it is installed in, when you contacted them.

Also:

For PayPal Credit or PayPal Credit Card, you need to use PayPal by itself.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• Chris Streeter
    Chris Streeter Member ✭✭
    Same issue here with PayPal 2019 transactions. Any solution yet?
  • System
    System Member ✭✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Paypal Credit no 2019 Transactions.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    What type of PayPal account?
  • SteveF1234
    SteveF1234 Member
    Same problem here. Using Quicken 2019 (believe problem started with R20.15) for Windows. Have Windows 10 Pro. I've tried deactivating then reactivating PayPal credit card account. Used PayPal Extras Mastercard to set up accounts. Deactivated and use PayPal credit card. One clue is Quicken indicates that online balance is zero as of 7/15/2022.
  • thecreator
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• dpic44
    dpic44 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I've been having this issues with PayPal Credit for a while, I fix it and then it breaks again. The last time it broke is when Synchrony Bank took over their processing. I have four Synchrony accounts, two work great and two don't. PayPal and Evine are the ones that don't work. I called Synchrony about Evine and they told me that I had to change to paperless statements (which I don't want). I tried it for a day and nothing changed.

• dpic44
    dpic44 Member ✭✭
    One more thing to add, there is a difference between PayPal Credit Cards and PayPal Buyer Credit.
  • k_g
    k_g Member
    Same issue here with PayPal Credit Card and PayPal Buyer Credit. Last downloaded transaction was the end of July. Error code received now is CC-502
  • thecreator

• RSM1
    RSM1 Member ✭✭
    same thing. I'm going to have to call quicken to see if they can restore it seems. synchrony is totally useless.
  • dpic44
    dpic44 Member ✭✭
    I created a dummy account, added the PayPal accounts and they work. So something happened in one of the updates to make them stop working in my live file. Maybe a registry entry. Quicken needs to fix this, clean up whatever broke it.
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses, but my issue is that quicken indicates that the update occured but NO transactions were downloaded. I am suspecting that Quicken is still looking at the old website and NOT the synchrone site.
  • TinkerTony
    TinkerTony Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with my PayPal accounts. In OneStepUpdate, Quicken appears to successfully access my PayPal accounts but never downloads any transactions.
This discussion has been closed.