Adding New Online Payees - Payments will not send

Using Quicken for Windows subscription / Wells Fargo Bank. Been using online pay for MANY years. It still works fine EXCEPT for ANY newly added online payees. The payment just sits in the register unsent. I have tried at least 5 new online payees and nada. All the existing payees, no problem, everything sends fine. Because of due dates, I've been forced to write checks and send by US Mail. Help!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to add a payee at Wells Fargo?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • brad935brad935 Member
    no have not tried that
  • brad935brad935 Member
    i am able to add the payee at wells, no problem, and schedule a payment. but this defeats the idea of using quicken. I have to log into wells using two factor auth, enter the payee info and transaction, then go back to quicken and put the corresponding info in the register. painful - there's a bug somewhere. i've been using quicken online pay for a very long time
    I'm just trying to narrow down the problem. Have you tried deactivating/reactivating Bill Pay with Wells Fargo?
  • brad935brad935 Member
    Hi thanks for the suggestions. I had previously tried activating/reactivating as suggested and also had done the one step update as suggested above. it's basically how I've been doing it for ~15 years.
  • Norman DrewsNorman Drews Member ✭✭
    I am seeing the same issue but I use Chase Bank for my online bill payment
  • Norman DrewsNorman Drews Member ✭✭
    So with assistance from Quicken my problem was due to not having a phone number associated with the online payee that I newly created.
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @brad935 , to clarify, are you using Quicken Bill Pay or are you using Quicken via Direct Connect to pay bills via Wells Fargo?
    If the latter, creating the payee at WF should have created that payee in Quicken after the next One Step Update. That's what happens for me at B of A.
    Sometimes my online payments show "Uncleared" instead of "Send" in the register. That's a bug. When I do OSU, I have to manually check those payments to get them to send. So the bug, for me, is minor. Do you not get that option?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • brad935brad935 Member
    Using direct connect, like i said maybe 15 years all at Wells. No problem making payments to all existing payees, including new amounts, unscheduled payments etc. what won't work is any new payee added, starting about a month ago. payments just sit in the register unscheduled with no date or check number issued regardless of multiple one step updates
  • brad935brad935 Member
    i am using Quicken Premier 2019 version R20.15 build 27.1.20.15. My system is Win 10, completely updated

it seems the problem started about a month ago right after an automatic update. frankly, quicken seems buggier and less stable than previously, not sure if it's the new ownership. weird random dialogue boxes popping up with 0000, etc....just random stuff i've noticed as a 20+ year user
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    brad935 said:
     payments just sit in the register unscheduled with no date or check number issued regardless of multiple one step updates
    Can you put "Send" into the check number field and try OSU? I don't believe it's possible for a transaction to lack a date.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • brad935brad935 Member
    Thanks, this is exactly what I've been doing (for 15 years). It works for existing payees, simply not for new payees i add. my reference to date is when a transaction is successfully scheduled for payment, the register in Quicken shows a check number with a small lightening bolt and an associated date of payment
    I saw someone posted that payments were not sent unless a valid phone number was entered for the online payee.
  • brad935brad935 Member
    i saw that also - that wasn't my issue. checked and double checked
This discussion has been closed.