Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken 2017 not updating 401k loan

DAF
DAF Member ✭✭
I have a 401k loan that is paid twice a month directly by my employer from my payroll. These payments go back directly into my 401k . Until 4/15/19, Quicken would update the loan balance automatically (goes down every 15 days when payment is applied). It is no longer doing it. Any suggestions?

Comments

• DAF
    DAF Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Also, it used to be that Quicken would update the Vanguard accounts automatically, now I have to do it manually.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the 401(k) loan balance, it sounds like you may have had a loan payment reminder set up for the loan.  If it the reminder no longer present, you might want to check in a data file backup from the time when the loan was being automatically adjusted.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAF said:
    Also, it used to be that Quicken would update the Vanguard accounts automatically, now I have to do it manually.
    Do you mean that your Vanguard accounts would update through One Step Update? If they no longer update, are you receiving an error message?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • DAF
    DAF Member ✭✭
    Greg, yes it was done through the One Step Update, and no, I do not get an error message, it simply does not download the transactions.
  • DAF
    DAF Member ✭✭
    Sherlock, no I did not have a loan reminder, it was all done automatically when I downloaded the transactions.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAF said:
    Greg, yes it was done through the One Step Update, and no, I do not get an error message, it simply does not download the transactions.
    Are there transactions to download? What type of connection is Quicken using to download from Vanguard?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAF said:
    Sherlock, no I did not have a loan reminder, it was all done automatically when I downloaded the transactions.
    Where did you view the loan's balance?
This discussion has been closed.