Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Capital One "we're sorry, we hit a snag" error Quicken Mac 2019

This discussion was created from comments split from: Capital One Credit Card Account Will Not Connect.

Comments

• strachan
    strachan Member ✭✭
    I have been unable to download my Capital One credit card during One Step Update for some time. I've just been living with it, but I'm w-a-y out of patience now, as the problem has gotten worse. When I ran One Step Update, I got a strange message in the Summary from CapOne to the effect that "one new transaction downloaded" although there would not be one in the register, and claiming "unsupported URL." I'm given the button to "Retry," which I click and it doesn't work. So I just now disabled downloads and tried to reenable and I'm now getting this totally outrageous and infuriating message:

>> We're sorry, we hit a snag

Unfortunately, your account is not eligible for this service at this time. You'll need to go back to Quicken. <<

Obviously, at this point Capital One is unusable in Quicken. What on earth is going on??????? God, this is annoying.

Quicken Mac Premier 2019 Version 5.11.2 (Build 511.25679.100) macOS 10.14.5
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What is going on is that you may not be using the current correct connection to Capital One. (In other words, it is working for people in general, so there's something about your setup that's causing the problem which needs some troubleshooting.) 

What Capital One bank do you have seected for your connection? If it isn't "Capital One - New", try that. If that doesn't work, post back, and other Capital One users here might be able to provide more help.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Therese Merrill
    Therese Merrill Member ✭✭
    It isn't working for me either. So yes I agree Quicken is not working for any of my capital one accounts. I select Capital One -New and it still isn't working and hasn't since 7/22.
  • Scott T
    Scott T Member ✭✭
    I'm seeing the same behavior. I haven't had any new transactions from Capital One download since 7/19.
  • I had the same issue. I was able to get it working by deactivating downloads, and then reactivating it using "Capital One Card Services" as the financial institution. It sounds like some of you have already tried this though, so I'm not sure at that point.
  • Therese Merrill
    Therese Merrill Member ✭✭
    My credit card transactions are downloading but not my banking transactions.
  • Scott T
    Scott T Member ✭✭
    It sounds like several of us are seeing the same issue. How do we get a Quicken Support person in this thread to chase down the problem?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited July 2019
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to share that you're experiencing this trouble with Capital One.

There is an alert for Capital One accounts for Windows users at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854234/ongoing-5-24-19-xml-weve-hit-a-snag-error-when-adding-capital-one-accounts#latest.

There is not an activate alert for Quicken for Mac users receiving this error.

I would ask that those experiencing a "We're sorry, we hit a snag" message contact support directly.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support can then collect logs and research the error escalate to our service providers for a resolution if need be.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.